Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Drunk Nerds posted:

That's exactly why I liked it. I sat there with your same reaction for a few minutes until I spotted the twist, and then I re-read it and loved it

I got the twist when I read it, had same 'meh' reaction. Actually, once they pooled their funds I just thought they'd tear him to pieces like hyenas, but I was a little off on the guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Hazo posted:

12 Belt
Dreagon posted:
[...]
At first impression the only thing of interest was the sound, the crusher on the floor above made this incredibly deep hum that was very loud but so deep pitched that you could barely hear it.
[...]
the most powerful sensation I wasn't alone. If you have ever had the sensation that someone was watching you, imagine magnifying that to the sensation that someone was almost standing directly behind you staring right down your neck. It was that powerful. After spending several minutes constantly looking over my shoulder, my internal radar seemed to locate the "presence".

These details makes it sound like a real story -- Infrasound! :eng101:

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

AnonSpore posted:

I'd managed to forget that happened

Everone else posted:

:eng101:

:thejoke:

I guess, at least? Major plot point was people forgetting what happened.

• Locked thread