Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatGirlAtThatShow
Nov 4, 2013

spite house posted:

The freakiest thing about the SAR stories, to my mind, is that the dude is claiming he made them all up. The drat stairs --someone must've told him about them, and I believe he embroidered the stories for posting purposes, but I swear to God those fuckers are real. I've seen them, in some unincorporated wilderness near Canandaigua Lake in upstate New York, and my extremely skeptical parents have seen them too, in the early 70s, while backpacking in the Canadian Rockies.

I've seen the stairs in North Stonington, Ct, around 1979, up in the woods off Lantern Hill Road. The ones I saw were brand new looking with those tack on tread covers. I'm sure there's some silly mundane reason for them, but I can't imagine what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread