Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
So this weird thing just happened to me a couple days ago.

I do pet- and house-sitting for a few local folks to bring in some extra cash. Last week, the neighbor of one of my regular clients was leaving town for a few days to help out a family member. I've known this lady and her dog casually ever since I started petsitting for the initial client, so when she contacted me to see if I could come stay for a few days, I readily agreed. After all, I already knew her dog, the neighborhood, etc.

This neighborhood is a couple miles outside my city proper. Most people have decent sized yards and big houses, and while the yards are clear, the rest of the area is semi-wooded. Not heavily, but between most houses are strips of trees, varying from one or two to about twenty deep. Most of the trees are big and old, frequently pushing a good 80 feet in height.

Anyway, I'd quickly settled into a routine with the lady's dog, hanging out in her large, ancient converted-barn house. The other night, I was standing in her kitchen, smoking. The kitchen windows face the narrow, winding road that goes through the neighborhood, and across the street was one of the thicker stands of trees; the next house was a bit further up the hill her house is located on. I had all the lights off and the windows open, mostly because I thought my clients next door might go walking by with their dog and I didn't want them to see me smoking. They probably wouldn't care much if they did--the lady who owned the house is a heavy smoker, so it's not like I was hurting anything. But I generally don't smoke; I've just had a rather hellish semester at school, and had bought a pack to help me face the 50 or so papers I needed to grade in the most unhealthy way possible.

While standing there, the dog was lying on the floor a few feet behind me because he's sweet like that and wants to be in whatever room I'm in. Despite the tiny winding street, there are a few street lamps along it--one down near a sharp bend in the road, and one a good 20 or 30 yards further up the hill. The moon was about half full, so I could see outside pretty decently.

I was looking out at the street and the trees across the road, and noticed what looked like the very elongated shadow of a person walking up the hill to my left, imprinted on the trees. I backed up a little, thinking it was my client/the neighbor taking his own dog out for a stroll, and that he was caught in the headlights of a car. But as I stood watching, I noticed the shadow wasn't really changing shape. It just kept moving its long, lanky self across the trees. I waited for the car responsible for the headlights to pass, but it never did.

Behind me, the dog started to whine very, very softly.

I kept watching, now feeling faintly uneasy, as the "shadow" crossed my field of vision and eventually melted into the next stand of trees up the hill. The neighbor and his dog never went by. Neither did anyone else. Neither did any cars.

I finished my cigarette and shut the window. The dog had stopped whining when the shadow had moved out of my sight.

I tried to figure out if someone had maybe turned up a driveway or something, but I can't figure out the physics given the angles and all. Also, it was a pretty cold night, and the shadow didn't appear to be wearing anything like a coat or a hat.

I chalked it up to my first Slenderman sighting and went back to the couch with the dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Blizzy_Cow posted:

What would happen if you kicked slenderman in the balls?

I think it would be pretty hard to reach them but if you did I suspect he'd get all mad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy7NYfznss0

ChogsEnhour posted:

Pretty sure you have to murder someone now to appease him.

Hmm, time to consult my short list.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Drink and Fight posted:

I liked 50ft Ant, and no I never believed it was real. Guess that makes me Old GBS.

Nah, pretty sure most people knew it wasn't real. He always did a good job covering it when people outright asked and whenever someone hypothesized that HumperMonkey was an alt account, but aside from the first couple stories, I don't think anyone believed a bunch of Nazi ghosts, a demon ice zombie, and some evil Irish sprite chick really exist. Especially in the same old German Army barracks.

I liked the stories until they started being hundreds of pages' worth of text, most of it focused on his trite "internal struggle" and creepy sex fantasies about women (including rape and torture).

Whisker suffered from the same "failure to wrap this poo poo up" syndrome as Ant. Also, it's never a good thing when you've seen so many variations of child molestation in someone's story that you start finding it boring instead of horrifying.

• Locked thread