Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study
100% true story:

My great-grandparents lived in a house which was over 100 years old and was the original farmhouse of what used to be the only land owner in that area before it became a residential neighborhood. My mom grew up there and said a number of weird things happened there over the years - properly-anchored pictures falling off the walls with no bumps or other provocation; moaning or laughing or music coming from the basement, which was unfinished and only used for storage. But the weirdest thing of all happened when I was a kid, visiting one day, and I got to witness it.

Me and my mom were over visiting and great-grandma has just sat us down in the kitchen for a snack. My great-grandpa and one of his buddies were working together painting the outside of the house, it was a hot day and she called them in to rest for a bit and eat too. So we were all sitting at the kitchen table, when all of a sudden my grandpa's buddy just freezes and stares at the stove. I noticed first and thought he was benign funny so I laughed at him, but he made no reaction.
This got the attention of the adults and my grandma asked if he was ok, but he just kept looking at the stove. So we followed where he was looking.

Draped over the handle of the stove was a tea towel. One end was hanging loose and the other end was very slowly raising up in the air. It went up nearly past the handle and then just as slowly went down again. It was still
For a few seconds, then went up again. Then down again.

There were no windows open, nobody near the stove, nobody was moving or pulling on anything. We had no idea how it was doing that and all we could do was watch it while our brains tried to parse what we were seeing. Grandpa's buddy was white as a loving sheet and looked genuinely terrified. I remember I wasn't scared, just very confused. Finally after a few times of this (3 or 4 times), it stopped moving. Grandpa's buddy got up and said he didn't feel well and had to go home. Grandpa and grandma just looked at each other, grandpa went back outside and grandma told me to finish my snack, so I did. Me and her and my mom just sat in total silence drinking our tea and eating pie.

Years later I started to doubt the authenticity of my memory, so I asked my mom and grandma again if that really happened or it was just a weird Dream, and they said yes, it really happened. My grandma said that my grandpa's buddy stopped being friends after that with him and wouldn't talk to either of them anymore. The tea towel or no subsequent other tea towels ever did that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread