Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Drunk Nerds posted:

My all time favorite is probably The Clock in the Woods (too long to repost)
https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/1nyt4a/the_spire_in_the_woods/

I would've been a lot happier if I'd known this was going to be 10 parts long BEFORE I started reading it. Instead of going to the grocery store, I spent 4 or 5 hours reading this thinking the end was just up ahead and it just... went... on... and... where is it gently caress gettotheFUCKINGGHOSTALREADY :bang: and then I finished and it was after midnight where I live and my whole afternoon was gone. :smith:

It's a pretty good work of amateur short horror fiction, but for some reason I was expecting it to be a real-life ghost story when I started reading it, and as it slowly dawned on me that this wasn't what it was I kinda skipped a bunch of parts looking for the ghost parts.

Interesting though that today, you could probably find something like the clock on an island like that with a drone, which would let you save a lot of time and energy, and would be way safer than just looking for it on foot since you could use the drone to pinpoint the approximate location of the spire before covering any ground, thereby reducing the risk of injury and getting yourself lost. :)

Drunk Nerds posted:

Here's one that jumped out at me. There are a few plot holes, but the title drew me in and the story delivered. Definitely an all-time favorite:

http://wh.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/38foo5/the_47th_annual_whispering_oaks_bachelor_auction/

The 47th Annual Whispering Oaks Bachelor Auction

... Um...... is this one supposed to be a scary story? Cuz it isn't very scary.

I. M. Gei has a new favorite as of 06:45 on Jun 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

coronatae posted:

Found the desert story I was thinking of! As relayed to us by Tewbrainer:

Creature in the Desert (from Tewbrainer's uncle)
:words:

Later, Tewbrainer's uncle finished his story:
:words:

I'd like to hear more details about this thing, if you have them. I read this post right before hopping into the shower, and while showering I came up with a theory that it may be some kind of mountain-and-cave-dwelling desert ape. I came up with a bunch of possible theories about it's physical characteristics and behavior too, but I won't bore this thread with details unless people feel like hearing them.

Good story. :)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Well I think I know how the Hinterkaifeck murders happened now. Thanks for that, I guess.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Chicken Butt posted:

Grandpa was totally at a whorehouse.

Somehow I doubt there was a whorehouse in whatever mile radius would've been necessary to make this idea plausible.

I like this thread a lot better when it's stories of presumably actual encounters by real people than when it's horror-fiction and creepypasta. I don't normally bring that up because I assume it'll be met with ":byodood: B-B-BUT ALL GHOSTS STORIES IS FICTION GHOSTS ISNT REAL" but I feel like it needs to be said. Can we keep all the fiction stuff in another thread?

I. M. Gei has a new favorite as of 23:05 on Jul 23, 2015

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Well I just spent the last 72 hours reading some of the old Ghost Story threads, sometimes in the dark of night, sometimes with my TV on Cartoon Network in the early morning hours so my room wouldn't be completely dark as I read them, pulling two all-nighters doing so (tonight included), aaand I'm pretty sure I had much more important and productive things I could've been doing with that time instead. Sooo...... thanks?

I've actually got some stories of my own to contribute one of these days. In the meantime, I have Archives, if anybody wants me to dig up a particular story for them. I love this sort of poo poo.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is Tahrajj still around? I had some theories on the Secret Room girl that I really want to run by him. I also want to ask what town near Waco his story happened at.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Remind me again who is the guy that went to a haunted cult college in Osaka, Japan? I really wanna read up on that school's campus.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Drink and Fight posted:

Requesting some of Canis Latrans' stories. Not the pigman one, I think that's in this thread already. I remember 5 or 6 others from previous threads though. There was the Japanese tunnel of faces, and I think something about a cursed painting, and a few others.

Oh God, Canis Latrans's stories are gold. I can't stop picturing the Japanese tunnel monster talking with a British accent, and it's hilarious.

I can dig some up, if I need to.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Seriously I can't stop hearing "Would you take tea?" in Richard Ayoade's voice and it cracks me UP.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Drink and Fight posted:

Also has mountain winter zombie Nazi guy (I can't remember his name) written anything lately?

That's 50 Foot Ant, now posting as Nostalgia4coldwar, and no he hasn't. In fact he's been outed as a fraud. None of his stories here or anywhere else ever happened, he was never in the military, Humper-monkey was an alternate persona he made up and killed off, and every single thing he posted in these threads was a lie.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I mean his stories were good, but... none of them were based on actual experiences, is all.

Also Epilogue 4 is creepy as poo poo, and not in a scary ghost way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Nice thread tag.

• Locked thread