Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Part of Everything posted:

100% true story:

Completely unrelated to your story, but I just wanted to say I still remember and really loved the Quija board thread you did (it's goldmined so shouldn't require archives). Most the images are probably broken now, but I remember a few eerie moments where your spirit friend was spot on about stuff they probably shouldn't have been (like the person who asked about the color of their shoes of all things). The "fear" answer always stuck with me too.

Hazo posted:

Was that the episode where a worker claimed they once saw a torso peeking around the stacks, so they set up a full-spectrum camera in the same place, then didn't catch anything except in one specific mode (infrared maybe?) where a body very clearly and deliberately leans around the edge, stares at the camera, then leans back? I can't stand most of those I HEARD A NOISE ghost shows, but that was seriously one of the most chilling things I've ever seen.

edit: S8E05 "Due Date With Death." I had it backwards-- the regular motion-highlighting camera caught it, but nothing showed up on thermal.

This mention of haunted libraries just reminded me of the Willard Library in Evansville, Indiana. Which is apparently so haunted that they've had webcams set up all over the library 24/7 for years. Most of the captures are dumb "orb" stuff or photographic problems, but there's definitely some weird poo poo going on in that place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Madkal posted:

Not a story of my own, but one thing that I read online that has always freaked me out is stories about black-eyed children.

This is cool, I've always thought the black-eyed kid stories were interesting but until now I could only ever find the same 1 or 2 stories.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Captain Mog posted:

I remember reading this weird website online when I was in junior high (about 2002-2003ish) called "The Incident". The site was basically a blog detailing someone who claimed to have purchased a book with his surname on the cover (called "The Incident", about spiritualism in the 1890s) and when he opened it up he found all of these weird photographs inside. The pictures were impressive if faked/staged because they were so utterly freaky that they gave me nightmares for years. As the book's subject matter would suggest, the photographs were all scenes from a Victorian-era seance that'd apparently "gone wrong": as in they summoned up demons on accident and whatnot. The captions for the photographs said things like "they thought they could control the spirit world and they were wrong". I wish I could describe what the photographs actually were like and what was in them, but it's difficult to because I'm not actually sure.

Anyone remember this? I've tried googling several things about it and no luck. I think his surname was something like "Orlick" or "orluck" or some poo poo like that. Good horror fiction anyway if that's what it was. And no I'm actually not making this up. I promise it was real.

I remember exactly what you're talking about and the whole thing was so weird that it stuck in my mind for years even though I forgot most of the details. Fortunately after a lot of googling, I think I found the site! (or possibly a mirror site).

On another note, reading the Black Eyed Kids stuff of course led to things about Slender Man and it's hilarious listening to these researchers trying to explain Something Awful. :v:

• Locked thread