Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBfv3cYJBEY

this is a great video if you can get behind horrible barkley abominations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPRCKdJKMsI

I have a soft spot for this one

yatta

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

your beautiful av is gone :(

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kazvall posted:

your beautiful av is gone :(
wrong guy (Ralp did this to my name because he is mentally ill)

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
speaking of avs someone buy me this one back thanks

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
wait poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I6fmvp37TU is my favorite

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

mysterious loyall Y posted:

wrong guy (Ralp did this to my name because he is mentally ill)

that's hosed

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
So much better than DS II. I need to start trolling again.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i love to read all of this poo poo haha

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont think you are being sincere

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

cant wait for the series of dark souls clones with absolutely horrible controls and terrible freedom of movement

there's that nearly verbatim copy of dark souls that's a 2d platformer, but it actually looks decent

there's lords of the fallen which i've heard is bad

there's wayward souls which is a rogue-lite and sort of sucks

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
salt and sanctuary could be good, the fact it's not greenlight is a plus

http://www.ska-studios.com/salt/

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

there's that nearly verbatim copy of dark souls that's a 2d platformer, but it actually looks decent

there's lords of the fallen which i've heard is bad

there's wayward souls which is a rogue-lite and sort of sucks

nah wayward souls is good

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm not a fan but, hell, to each their own

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to play a lot of Bloodborne.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

it's not greenlight because it's only on PS4 and vita. it may as well not exist

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

it's not greenlight because it's only on PS4 and vita. it may as well not exist

it's coming to the pc later, which i think is better. i'd rather wait than have some unfinished poo poo from steam.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

started from asylum now we're here

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

sector_corrector posted:

it's very goode

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Demon's souls is the best.

Dec 26, 2012

demon's souls did oppressive/atmospheric levels better. im thinking 3-1 and 5-2. also the spirit form/body form thing was cooler than either of the two systems after it

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Silver Striker posted:

It's true.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

01011001 posted:

demon's souls did oppressive/atmospheric levels better. im thinking 3-1 and 5-2. also the spirit form/body form thing was cooler than either of the two systems after it

I cared about it way more than Dark Souls 1 or 2, which I felt took the series in a direction I didn't care about. The World Tendency and Character Tendency stuff could have been cool if they did it better, rather than completely removed it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

demon souls: coolest game, best overall atmosphere and feel
dark souls 1: dialed back atmosphere, sections of the game are completely unfinished, but controls are tighter and has better balance
dark souls 2: forgettable level design and bosses, but controls great and lots of quality of life changes.

demon souls with all the balance changes dark souls 2 made would be the best game IMO

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They're all good games.

Dec 26, 2012

world tendency was fine as far as effect, it would have been cool if more things impacted it though so you could more easily swing it one way or another. i wish theyd remake it with poise + no personal encumbrance + jumping/hard attacks separated because those definitely improved things. i think i liked the general plot better too

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

demon souls with all the balance changes dark souls 2 made would be the best game IMO

yeah

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

dark souls 2: forgettable level design and bosses, but controls great and lots of quality of life changes.

This is true, but the DLC levels are pretty cool and interesting. except the endless 0-visibility tundra from the third dlc but thats optional.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Demons souls is the best.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Silver Striker posted:

This.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Agnostalgia posted:

This is true, but the DLC levels are pretty cool and interesting. except the endless 0-visibility tundra from the third dlc but thats optional.

oh yeah the DLC was really good, except for the part that you mentioned

but the vanilla game? uhh..i really liked the undead crypt, the dragon shrine is beautiful, iron keep is cool. uhhh that's it really everything else didn't really stand out, or if it did it's because it was exceptionally terrible (aldia's keep, anime shrine)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

They're all good games.

Anything that can distract an AIDS victim from there hideous, and deadly disease for any length of time, is good.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the hydra in darkroot basin was loving amazing to see for the first time and realize you'd have to fight it

it is a baby weak enemy that a level 1 character can safely defeat but daaaamn it makes a good first impression

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

01011001 posted:

world tendency was fine as far as effect, it would have been cool if more things impacted it though so you could more easily swing it one way or another. i wish theyd remake it with poise + no personal encumbrance + jumping/hard attacks separated because those definitely improved things. i think i liked the general plot better too

I didn't like how if you went online it would push your WT towards the overall one, which made it a lot more annoying to try and see the black phantoms and those fat demons.

Dec 26, 2012

yeah that was kind of annoying

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anyone ever describes a souls game as having good controls again I'm going to shoot you out of a cannon. The controls are horrible but you're broken brain has adjusted to it and makes you think it's good.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Larry Parrish posted:

If anyone ever describes a souls game as having good controls again I'm going to shoot you out of a cannon. The controls are horrible but you're broken brain has adjusted to it and makes you think it's good.

DS1 with the mousefix for kb&m is a third person shooter with good controls.

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Actually its the opposite &u are the broken one. Someday you will realize this and it will be like the end of a Twilight Zone episode but in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

sorry you couldn't finish or even play dark souls

• Locked thread