Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob0hV4JWonM&t=46s this is my favorite darks ouls video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
wait poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I6fmvp37TU is my favorite

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the hydra in darkroot basin was loving amazing to see for the first time and realize you'd have to fight it

it is a baby weak enemy that a level 1 character can safely defeat but daaaamn it makes a good first impression

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
thanks, obama

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Dexters Secret posted:

can you walk me through the basis for this joke im not getting it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQKrgA6Ye2g

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Ultra Greatswords loving rule and if landing an R2 doesn't get you pumped you have issues.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
good golly gosh, no. whatever will i do if i cannot enjoy attempting to insert my face in a man's rear end as we spin around each other like retarded armored ballerinas while wielding this weapon. if only there were other things to hit with a giant sword.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i got summoned once and spawned w/ an invader directly behind me and instantly got backstabbed

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
zelda jumping is good

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Larry Parrish posted:

it's also really retarded how dark souls 2 made parrying and backstabbing and stuff about a million times harder even against npcs, on top of less estus charges etc. so now if you haven't mastered the fairly irritating combat system you really will love the sequel!!!

I think in the latter case they were trying to lower the amount of colorectal headbutting taking place in PvP.

i feel like everything's kind of glass cannon and it makes things too hit and run in 1

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
It feels poorly implemented and iirc most of the Dark Souls 1 covenants are completely broken.

There were more single player plots involving invasions / being invaded by NPCs and I kinda wonder whether the NPC invasions are using the multiplayer code or the other way around.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Gravelord is by far the coolest covenant conceptually but it's completely broken.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
gravelord is cool because it's like getting an extra boss for people who you affect, and hard mode. it's a little boring for the person invading though.

there's a mod for pc that gives you permanent gravelorded mode and it's probalby the only way to see 90% of the new enemy placements

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I have never had an octopus dude ever even try to attack me. It's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i wish you could set in your connection thing as to whether you want hardcore pvp or actual cool people like people who run around as pots

• Locked thread