Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Welcome back to this cess pool of a thread, hope you don't let the bad apples scare you off again.
Great trailer, got me pretty excited to get back into the game.

Hopefully there's no more updates that break it and make it stop functioning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'll have the thread out in a bit.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Babe Magnet posted:

I'll have the thread out in a bit.

When thread? You PROMISED A THREAD

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

not a big fan of alpacas tbh

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
alpacas suck

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Downloading now. I hope there aren't any alpacas in this game. I do not like them.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Shoehead posted:

When thread? You PROMISED A THREAD

why, it's right here friend

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i died and my inventory spilled out of me. good lord

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

BillmasterCozb posted:

i died and my inventory spilled out of me. good lord

lol git gud

this game not for casual funhaver filth

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Is it just me or is the name of the window still Starbound - Beta lol

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fewd posted:

lol git gud

this game not for casual funhaver filth

nice

ok so, food will rot, it does NOT stack, combat still has damage-on-touch (requiring you to rush into your enemy with your weapon while also not doing that), you drop all your poo poo on dying, and it has potion sickness on top of that.

starbound: game bad so what

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

BillmasterCozb posted:

nice

ok so, food will rot, it does NOT stack, combat still has damage-on-touch (requiring you to rush into your enemy with your weapon while also not doing that), you drop all your poo poo on dying, and it has potion sickness on top of that.

starbound: game bad so what
So much for improvements

Starbound: one step forward, two half-speed steps back.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

eagerly awaiting the immediate mod to turn off inventory loss if it's not an option because lmao

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
can't bind mouse thumb buttons

who has those anyways

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

now that 1.0 is out people can focus on maybe unfucking whatever weird cult living situation is going on in london before something horrid happens if it hasn't happened already

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

That didn't work btw

E: It just dumped me on the front page instead

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Shoehead posted:

That didn't work btw

yeah well blame this palooka

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I think the worst part of it was that it's trying to have a story. a story that I do not give a gently caress about because holy poo poo let me just play space terraria, stop trying to be borderlands: symphony of the dark souls

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Meldonox posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll have a good time with this, but lord knows it won't be perfect. If they kept the slow backwards walk, I wonder if it's easy to mod that out.

Likewise I wonder if they kept the bug where you lose loving everything if the game crashes. :v:

The only time I had that problem was with multi-player because the server side doesn't save anything until you shut it down. Another Tiy decision I'm guessing.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If you have six hours to burn and four other nerd friends who also enjoy history and complicated rules (congrats, I am jealous) axis and allies is fun.

E: if one of those friends always plays Germany maybe don't hang out with them anymore

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
resistance and werewolf are good shouty fun

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

new imgur is so bad

I'm trying to upload all the screenshots and poo poo for the new thread and it's making me wait for 5 minutes because "I'm sharing too quickly"

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Babe Magnet posted:

new imgur is so bad

I'm trying to upload all the screenshots and poo poo for the new thread and it's making me wait for 5 minutes because "I'm sharing too quickly"

Dont forget this one

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that's a good one

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Babe Magnet posted:

new imgur is so bad

Imgur seems now geared towards its garbage shithead community than actually letting you host images

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have a copy of talisman staring me down from across the room and i want to burn it

i have a tolerance for some janky boardgames in general but i will not tolerate talisma

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
my dad got me exploding kittens because yes this is definitely a thing i want to have

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Afraid of Audio posted:

my dad got me exploding kittens because yes this is definitely a thing i want to have

one of my friends had that so i played it a couple times and like most uno ripoffs i was mostly wondering what the point was most of the time

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Johnny Joestar posted:

i have a copy of talisman staring me down from across the room and i want to burn it

i have a tolerance for some janky boardgames in general but i will not tolerate talisma

I've somehow owned 3 copies of the second edition. 2 were destroyed along with my copy of the city expansion and one of the weird Rogue Trader tie ins. I miss the days before Ebay

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

new imgur is so bad

Cubeupload

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Afraid of Audio posted:

owned

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784079

new thread

please:
try not to shitpost immediately, or too hard if you can't help it. Want to give the thread a chance and I don't want to start scaring people away lol
be nice to each other (though the rule about not having to be nice to chucklefish or their game is still in effect)
make suggestions if you want stuff in the OP or if my information is wrong or whatever
suggest mods, servers, etc.

I'll close this thread in a few hours if a mod doesn't beat me to it, get it our of your system now lads lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 22, 2016

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Afraid of Audio posted:

holy poo poo are you me

he actually got the KS version that meows at you when you open it

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I have a feeling people and outlets that haven't been obsessively following and picking apart every little detail of the development process over the past 13 years of beta might actually be able to find normal human enjoyment in the game.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Magmarashi posted:

I have a feeling people and outlets that haven't been obsessively following and picking apart every little detail of the development process over the past 13 years of beta might actually be able to find normal human enjoyment in the game.

what else was there to do while waiting for the game to come out

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Magmarashi posted:

maybe when a mod patches back in faster backwalking and food stacking

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Magmarashi posted:

yeah this is the main reason I wanted to start a new thread

voltcatfish posted:

maybe when a mod patches back in faster backwalking and food stacking

food stacking might be a complicated thing to patch out because it's tied with the food rot timer (which could be removed I assume), but they got rid of slower backwards walking a few weeks ago

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

BillmasterCozb posted:

what else was there to do while waiting for the game to come out

I did this really weird thing where I played different games and didn't base my entire life around a single one

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Magmarashi posted:

who said it isn't fun

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Revol posted:

I did this really weird thing where I played different games and didn't base my entire life around a single one

i meant what else was there to do with the game, dingus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Just diving into this thread because I heard this game finally hit "release" and I'm downloading it now to try it out. Boy I sure hope those tons of issues I had with the game when the first playable builds were released have been ironed out and they've finally settled on a proper, good progression system!

• Locked thread