Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I broke the ocean. :ohdear:

Is this a known bug? Last time I played, there weren't any ocean planets so I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Is it strange that I don't think this is a bad thing?

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

The big problem seems to be this:

Just makes moving through towns a pain in the rear end for some tiny amount of "immersion" lol

Is it really a pain in the rear end to travel through towns without destroying private property and stealing money?

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Well, I like the idea in theory. This is Starbound, however, so I won't be surprised if the implementation is terrible.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

I think the actual release deserves a new thread, so it isn't filled with pages upon pages of complaints and mockery of the Early Access version before there's any discussion of the completed game. Let the new thread be filled with pages upon pages of complaints and mockery of the finished product!

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

I can't wait to play Starbound again. I need to warm up the disappointment centers of my brain before No Man's Sky comes out.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Cool, Hylotl always seemed like the least developed race. If they actually have content now I'll probably play one when 1.0 comes out.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Starbound 1.0: We like alpacas

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

I'd be interested in a goon server.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Downloading now. I hope there aren't any alpacas in this game. I do not like them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

I'm actually having some fun once I got the ship repaired and can explore at my leisure. First new world I explored, found a sewer dungeon full of poo monsters, and at the end of it was a chest with a flamethrower :iia: .
Maybe I just need a new computer, but the performance isn't great, fps drops a lot during rain or other weather effects. I don't have this problem in Terraria.

I'm glad I started on the casual difficulty so I don't need to eat. Food not stacking is pretty inconvenient.

• Locked thread