Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

is there any reason at all for me to reinstall this game

I mean surely there's fun to be had in the past 1.5 years since I've last played it, right!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

is starbound actually f....fun now?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Wait is 100mb update I just got 5 minutes ago the content update or is that fixing stuff i'm confused

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i feel so naive for thinking starbound would be good or fun during my lifetime, but maybe...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The full release is planned for sometime in 2015.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I am actually surprised they are still trying because they have no obligation right

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Terraria would be one of my favorite games if the Hard Mode was balanced for single person better or at all

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i told myself i wouldn't buy another early access game

but I bought subnautica

this game is actually probably good though

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i can't believe this poo poo is finally coming out

i'd have rather spent the money on mn9 tbh

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Rhopunzel posted:

Actually some of the weapons they showed off in updates looked like ones that were some backers' ideas, specifically that one with the magnet spheres or something, so it looks like maybe they did unless it was a coincidence. Speaking of which, I don't mean to disrespect people who paid for a game I helped make but some of the backers were seriously bad at understanding what was feasible. A lot of them didn't understand that "weapon" meant a gun that shot something, or a sword/axe/etc that swung and/or shot a projectile - so, sorry random weapon tier dude, I can't make you a Kamen Rider suit that also makes your character breakdance because you labeled it as a weapon.

That totally sounds like something i'd suggest if I were 10 years old, which seems to be the average age of the Starbound fanbase so :shrug:

Maybe when the game comes out, they stop updating it, and mods can unfuck it, the game will be good?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Jesus :smith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I haven't played this game in so long I didn't realize they removed sectors from the game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

are hylotl cities still not in the loving game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

this new inventory system is bizarre

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It was inoffensive until I got to the combat which still appears to be complete poo poo

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

poor starbound, consistently crashing at boot

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

there is notihng quite like bootig up the most recent version of this game and actually getting alittle bit excited at the things they actually have managed to done

and then getting into the proper game and seeing that combat. wow.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

can't believe after 1 more day, 5 years of hard work will have resulted in an awesome game i will enjoy to play with my friends

very soon

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

New thread OP is basically done, I'm going to put it up on launch day. Don't want to put up a new thread for 1.0 without being able to actually link 1.0

i guess the shitposting will have to be canned too, huh? :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

novakid have been in the game for a very long time

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

starbound: symphony of the night 2

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The unstable has them so yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Magmarashi posted:

I have a feeling people and outlets that haven't been obsessively following and picking apart every little detail of the development process over the past 13 years of beta might actually be able to find normal human enjoyment in the game.

maybe when a mod patches back in faster backwalking and food stacking

• Locked thread