Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Tenbux McGee posted:

Hope I'm not the only one getting his rear end stomped flat by the mining facility boss. Just hit death #10, and haven't managed to fire the mining laser a second time yet. I was really liking the mission until I got to the boss.
There is a possibility that I'm retarded, since I got stuck on the Gaping Dragon in Dark Souls
There's actually an attempt at a dark souls mechanic in now. If you block with a shield just before you get hit all damage is negated and the shield doesn't loose its Health or whatever it has. You can block with the big swords that don't shoot poo poo (I Think?) also. It's a bit easier since you don't have to time it right before taking damage.

Also, holy poo poo this game needs some kind of semi-dynamic economy thrown in because with the outpost it's even more obvious how static the procedural universe is.

Imaginary Friend fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Whoa, this thread moves fast >_>

Bilal posted:

Putting in any kind of economy to this game (letting you sell items) would totally break the game and it would take them forever to balance it. A wooden table, crafted just from wood planks, is "worth" 300 pixels.

Well, there's different ways to go about it. Having ore merchants that have a randomized (on a timer maybe?), percentage-based fluctation (+- 25% of standard value or something) that are tied to type of village (eg. Avian villages buy copper for +17% and Monkey villages sell for -20% one day then it changes the other day etc) would add alot to re-visiting planets if some progression (like ship upgrades) was optional and cost alot.

Hell, this could even be expanded to having your own merchant npcs that require a player-built structure on a planet with a village that slowly trade and give you the earnings after a few hours of gameplay.

I just want to build my poop-dirt empire, dammit! buying low, selling high! Poop, poop, poop!

• Locked thread