Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Rocketlex posted:

The first boss gates a lot of the game behind it. Some people are having trouble with it because it requires Actual Platforming and not just swinging a big-number-ma-jig at something until it pops.

I think the largest issue with the first boss is the fact you have to play through the entire dungeon again in order to reach it. The entire dungeon is also pretty poo poo, and the only way I could figure out how to survive it was to exploit the AI's retarded pathfinding while plinking away with the terrible weapons. Falling off the top of the boss area and instantly dying convinced me that I should just uninstall the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I remember a year or two ago when I reinstalled Starbound all excited to see the big, cool changes they had made since release only to find out all the progression was gated by bullshit unfun dungeons and terrible boss fights.

I'm glad to know that it's apparently gone downhill from there.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

A remember reinstalling the game a year ago and it just crashing to desktop each time.

I envy you.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Is it just me or is the name of the window still Starbound - Beta lol

• Locked thread