Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010
I don't disagree with what's been said, pretty much seems to be hitting it on the nail for me. Me and a couple of other friends played it at launch for a while before getting bored and waiting to see how it improved. We then played it again at one of the big stable releases a few months back. All of us found that it was pretty much just less fun, it's one of the few games I've seen actively go backwards.

There's hints of good stuff.. like, the expanded quest system seemed quite nice at first. But then you hit the gates. And after spending a couple of hours trying to find oil or silver to make a spoon for a cup of coffee, thoroughly pissed off with that bit.
Pretty much every change that I see mentioned (admittedly, on here, so perhaps a bit biased in information), seems to be just adding more annoying grind without any added fun.

While it may be disheartening to come in and see a lot of the shitposting that does indeed happen for fun, doesn't change the fact that every legitimate post with complaints has been absolutely correct, and has been for years, so it feels a bit out of order to claim we're all just negative or whatnot.

Also, disregarding all the valid complaints and criticisms that have already been said? That should kinda be a warning sign if people are still saying them after a year or two without any fixes. Those are the things you should be paying most attention too I'd have thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

Stardew is just one guy I think. And Chucklefish basically has nothing to do with the game besides publishing. Hell, they barely did what a publisher's supposed to do and promote the game.

I know I very nearly didn't get Stardew just because of the even vague association with Chucklefish.. they're like the anti-publisher.

It was only after reading several reviews and making sure that they weren't involved that I decided to finally give in and give it a go

I miss the better times, when we were excited by the possibility of 2 million different shades of dirt.

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010
The combat isn't quite good enough to make it comparable to Rune Factory for me, but it's a very solid Harvest Moon equivalent yeah, to the extent where I've enjoyed it more than I did some of the more recent Harvest Moons

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010
Well, so far my experience of it has been:

Oooh, nice intro
Gotta get the core fragments still? :(
30 minutes later. Well, got the core fragments and got back up, that's certainly a half hour I've not had to waste 3 or so times already and is horrible and tedious
Hmm, niftier outpost
Oooh, a story!
Oh I died.. still 30% pixel loss still I see.. .. and.. I dropped a ton of items, what the hell? :argh:
It defaults to terraria mediumcore.. I did not notice this. I now don't really want to play on this character
I also don't want to spend an hour getting back to where I was.. collecting core fragments. Again

1 hour 20 minutes was my count before the game made me want to stop playing it. A new record I think

I might try again tomorrow. Unless someone has a change difficulty mod on steam

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010

BillmasterCozb posted:

well there is "Starbound but it makes that weird tim allen grunt when enemies die" mod on the workshop. is that good enough?

I already just subscribed to that one yeah, but I'm gonna be optimistic, and hope someone has made a 'chest with 20 core fragments right by the portal' mod by tomorrow. Either that or a mod that lets you change your difficulty on a character or something. Hmm, wonder if it's just a flag in a text file I can change, not sure how character data is stored, might have a look into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffySquirrel
Oct 26, 2010

I AM BRAWW posted:

i havent even played the game in a really long time but you're most likely autistic

Shame the thread is already made, Starbound: you're most likely autistic is pretty catchy

• Locked thread