Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Musluk
May 23, 2011

stuntwaffle posted:

Greetings, I love Starbound.

Oh hey me too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Vilusia posted:

I haven't played this game since march of last year. Is it worth checking out the new update? Or is it more of the same?

How dare you not check out the DARK SOULS of 2d pixel platformer

Musluk
May 23, 2011

"I teleported to my spaceship in orbit to make another pickaxe to mine this futuristic space ore"

this is stupid

the entire premise of pickaxes is stupid in a space game

Cryohazard posted:

I'd have both a lens and battery slot on it, if you can mod that in. Have the batteries drain a certain amount from your energy bar in exchange for making the MM massively more efficient and powerful, and have the lenses focus on different types of scenery- one type for metallic, one for dirt/sand, one for clay, one for water, one for lava, one for soft rock, one for tougher rock, stuff like that.

Hahaha, yeah let's make mining even more tedious.

Just rewrite the MM upgrade quest to include lenses in it, there, you now have lenses.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Yaws posted:

I just started playing both of them recently and they both own

Terraria keeps the fun going while starbound sputters and dies 2 hours in tho.

But hey, more alpacas.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Why isn't there a direct teleport to outpost once you unlock it?

Why is it lagging so bad?

Musluk
May 23, 2011

XboxPants posted:

Are you using the 64-bit OpenGL version?

Yes.

My guess? Preallocating resources to the mazewalker game. I'd take a loading screen there.

Pakled posted:

I dunno. :v: You can set any of the portals to the outpost as your home, though, so you can beam to the portal from any point for no fuel and no travel time.

That's not exactly a fix though, especially if I wanted to set up something planetside.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Base speed of MM is still atrocious for your first slog, considering your choices are surface coal or digging a bit, hoping for some copper.

On the other end of the spectrum, you can fell some trees, kick some jelly rear end and get tons of torches to go spelunking in Terraria. Along with surface deposits of iron and copper.

Also, the mining outpost now crashes on load for me. Yay, chucklefuck.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Quite a lot of people in here wouldn't play the game 2 days into the update if the glowing ores wasn't around.

That says a lot about the game than I could, I guess.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

guess you don't like these keys, huh.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

not enough alpacas imo

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Hi, starbound thread.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Eonwe posted:

hello, friend

Nothing much going on with the thread and the game it seems.

That's a shame.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Davoren posted:

I really just want them to finish the game, even if they say 'gently caress it' and leave it a poorly implemented mess. I've been enjoying building poo poo, but I don't want to get too attached or put too much time into my structures when there's probably gonna be more wipes. Honestly, no matter what they release I'm probably going to be changing lots of stuff with mods, so the quality of what they sign off on isn't such a huge deal.

It should be a huge deal, but we live in the post early access world.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

DaveKap posted:

Think about it long enough and eventually you realize it was a harbinger.

It all went downhill with the first pong console, tbh.

Anyway. Mods are nice, but I still wish the base game was better than this.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Good news! Your wish has been fulfilled.

Welp, should've wished for a better game.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

grimcreaper posted:

Maybe he should have wished for a better poster to mock his wish.

better posters don't read the starbound thread tho

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Talorat posted:

I feel like what this game needs is a version of the ME-system from the applied energistics mod for Minecraft. The me-system gives you a single searchable interface for all your storage which you can expand nearly infinitely by adding hard drives (which are resource intensive to make). Seeing as by far my least favorite part of the game is sorting things into chests and trying to find the chest that has the thing I want, this would be a huge quality of life improvement.

There is a chest sorter mod, but yes.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Wrist Watch posted:

real talk if you know literally nothing about doing something then by default anything you manage to produce while trying to learn will be better than what you had before, the only direction is up

unless you're working for tiyuri

don't be working for tiyuri

also I still have this beautiful avatar from a few threads before, and I'd like to remind people that someone spent at least $30 for it (and 2 more - hi Eonwe).

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Cicadas! posted:

Would anybody object to me posting some of the assets just to say I finally did something with them?

:justpost:

Who's gonna stop you, Tiy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Cicadas! posted:

Here are some actual size pictures, my bad.

they're p cool, glad you posted them!

also

victrix posted:

I like the one with a pink butt head :3:

• Locked thread