Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Are there plans to have a Goon server for the game? If not, I might be willing to put one up, if there is enough interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
If I did put up a server, how many slots do you think we'd need? I'm thinking just 12 at first, and maybe bump up to 24 if demand is there. I am in the minority in that I am genuinely excited to play 1.0. Judging by the attitude of this thread, I don't imagine we'd need a large server, at least at first.

I'd plan for the server to be heavily modded, not only with gameplay fixes, but expansions into new features as well. I recognize that a lot of people here are disappointed with some things the game does now, but there is a really solid foundation game here, and the modding is very flexible. I'm sure we could get the game the way we'd want pretty easily.

Probably start out password-protected for Goon only, but then once it gets up on its feet, open it up to public with reserved spots or something I don't know.

http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/game-servers/sb-starbound/ - 70% off on servers, this looks like a good way to go.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Game launches tomorrow at 10am PST.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
https://discord.gg/xMW2dNG

I've created a Discord server for the potential Starbound server that I may or may not purchase tomorrow. I'd like feedback on how people would like it run, what kind of mods they'd want to see, so on.

My idea behind this is that while I've put 198 hours into this game, and I've enjoyed that time, it was always single player. I don't want to be alone in the universe anymore. I want to have a multiplayer galaxy that is the main place where we play the game, instead of focusing on single player most of the time.

Come and talk with me about how to set up this server for a game that a lot of you seem to hate but I am certain that we can all have fun playing with.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

BillmasterCozb posted:

what else was there to do while waiting for the game to come out

I did this really weird thing where I played different games and didn't base my entire life around a single one

• Locked thread