Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Ahundredbux posted:

i installed starbound in my butt

Can it run Doom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

You are crazy. Well done!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Babe Magnet posted:

e: oh and a lot of us modders stopped for a very long time or altogether because they've changed how modding works (which means all our mods broke) like twice so far and who knows if they'll do it again

Has it changed since the Winter update? I like figured out a bit of the change then and then gave up.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Forum hack was a false flag.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It's really funny the starbound thread is now the Staxel thread.

Does staxel have a tutorial yet? Last time I played and I was really ill and couldn't figure things out so it might not be needed tbh

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I ain't playin again until someone, I don't care who, makes it so I don't have to drill to the core of my starting planet to get off it. I took me hours last time.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cicadas! posted:

Turns out Aseprite automatically upscales to 2x in the preview, but this is not reflected in the actual file. Whoops!

Here are some actual size pictures, my bad.

Plus this thing, which was originally going to be the AI station before I realized it was a bit too organic-looking, and also huge

Unless you were asking for the actual rock in which case

Thanks, though I'm amazed you were able to see them at all at 1x. Unless that was the joke.

Jesus Christ these are great

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

randombattle posted:

At least if they stop making updates after 1.0 then mods can get better without being invalidated all the time.

Would someone get in trouble if they worked on a rebalance mod and called it "Funmode"?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
:nms: is really cool and interesting and impressive. From a technical perspective.

Like a really sci fi episode of Star Trek were they get bogged down in the conceptual stuff and forget that you also need a fun plot to drive it :smith:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

AnonSpore posted:

Nah dude if you think it's boring then it's probably just not for you

I'm glad it exists though!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh Cicadas, you should hop on a team for SAGDC this summer. We make the goofiest poo poo every year.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cicadas! posted:

Those always turn out the silliest things and I love to follow them, but I've never been able to work up the nerve to participate. Is it very high-stakes?

Only personal stakes (I messed up my entry in Jan and felt like an eejit), it's all for fun!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Rhopunzel posted:

Yeah I'm kind of talking out of my rear end and on hearsay from what other devs mentioned, I was too lazy/stupid to become a coder and just do art :sigh:

You could code like me and make broke-rear end GM games just to have something to art for :v:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Magmarashi posted:

The talent on display in the art and humor is loving infuriating when you know how much it is all being wasted by being attached to Starbound.

Viiolaceus was doing like a guest spot or something there this week, her work is amazing. She did a lot for Holobunies and it's cute AF :3:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Ahundredbux posted:

Guess which game is getting updated again!!

That's right kids!! It's terraria

I was gonna guess cube world

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Ahundredbux posted:

anyone know when the 1.0 patch is coming so i can properly plan my playing and subsequent letdown

I either have bad news or good news for you

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Rrussom posted:

Kinkshaming is a real goddamn thing and you are all assholes for making light of it.

This is a Safe Place

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

BillmasterCozb posted:

I thought this was a joke, but then I saw that nope, it's real. What the hell is this game any more?

Oblivion apparently

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Babe Magnet posted:

New thread OP is basically done, I'm going to put it up on launch day. Don't want to put up a new thread for 1.0 without being able to actually link 1.0

post new thread titles, go

Starbound: Angry Koala Consumers

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Fewd posted:

there's still plenty of time for tiy to push back for 2019 to make more colored types of sand or birds or whatever

If we can sand mine again I'd consider it a win

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Starbound 1.0: Hello Cubeworld Thread

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Starbound 1.0: I need 10 Core Fragments for a project, DO NOT ASK WHAT PROJECT IS!!!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Eyyyyy

It's launching with Workshop support

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

LordZoric posted:

RPS has Very Bad Opinions about board games so they are allowed to occasionally have bad opinions about indie sandbox games too.

RPS wrote a short, gushing article about a lovely tamogotchi game I made in 2 weeks were you secretly have manic depression, and also barely works. Their metric is WEIRD.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Babe Magnet posted:

I was worried I wouldn't be able to get the thread up in time because I'm still away from my computer but apparently 1.0 isn't out yet so what to heck

I think its out at 6pm BST? That's when the store updates

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Babe Magnet posted:

I'll have the thread out in a bit.

When thread? You PROMISED A THREAD

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

That didn't work btw

E: It just dumped me on the front page instead

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Babe Magnet posted:

new imgur is so bad

I'm trying to upload all the screenshots and poo poo for the new thread and it's making me wait for 5 minutes because "I'm sharing too quickly"

Dont forget this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Johnny Joestar posted:

i have a copy of talisman staring me down from across the room and i want to burn it

i have a tolerance for some janky boardgames in general but i will not tolerate talisma

I've somehow owned 3 copies of the second edition. 2 were destroyed along with my copy of the city expansion and one of the weird Rogue Trader tie ins. I miss the days before Ebay

• Locked thread