Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Man, I saw the 1.0 announcement post on the Starbound site and just had to check this thread out.

I had fun with the early beta. I wouldn't say I'm a true believer, but I've been accused of it since I've given it the benefit of the doubt longer than most.

That being said, I picked it up a month or two ago and it crashed out of nowhere and irretrievably corrupted my save data. I wonder if that is going to make it to release. I'm just glad I got my money's worth out of it before it began to drag and people wound up disillusioned with it so I can put it behind me and never think about it again if it's garbage on launch day. Glad to hear some of the cooler folks got out of that mess, too. I've been in a lovely mismanaged toxic software development environment before myself and it's beyond tiresome.

Moving on though, Staxel looks way cute, and I'm always interested in a low-conflict sandbox. I'm kinda tempted to throw a few bucks at it, as much as I'm able to appreciate the irony in talking about committing to early access for any game in the Starbound thread of all places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Good Dumplings posted:

In a weird way I've grown to love it every time someone says "it's an investment". You're putting money in and not getting money out, why do people keep telling themselves otherwise?
When I discover a way to convert my life's regrets into money I'm going to be a very rich man.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Holy poo poo, an official release date. I guess that means Chucklefish have finally fixed all the problems with their title. :downs:

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

I liked it because it made it a lot easier to go play other games in my backlog instead. :smug:

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll have a good time with this, but lord knows it won't be perfect. If they kept the slow backwards walk, I wonder if it's easy to mod that out.

Likewise I wonder if they kept the bug where you lose loving everything if the game crashes. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

FluffySquirrel posted:

I might try again tomorrow. Unless someone has a change difficulty mod on steam

The difficulty is stated plain as day in your char's .player file, but for whatever reason if you edit it the character is no longer visible to the game. I think I'm just going to recreate mine.

• Locked thread