Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

jhcain posted:

I'm surprised that you got it MOT'd with the old crossply tyres on it? - to hear my father in law talk about it, it seems like the MOT is extremely harshly graded? He's a mini guy, I think he should switch to Imps!
You're allowed radial on the rear and crossply on the front, presumably because the failure mode is understeer. Can't have it the other way round, or mix tyre types on one axle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Oh, I may be getting my UK goons mixed up, but do you still have that old 8v 1.2 Clio?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

8ender posted:

There was someone here that posted about some old lady who owned an eighties 4 cylinder BMW that had such miserable compression that it would start rolling away parked in gear making a POOSH POOSH POOSH sound as it escaped. Car otherwise ran fine according to the owner.
I once had a failed hillclimb in a Suzuki SJ413. Keeping my foot down simply resulted, not in wheelspin (too much traction), but the engine just coughing to a halt, and then chuffing to itself as it was rotated backwards by gravity clawing the truck back down.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
How was the paint where the section in the rear comes out? I've noticed things like that often end up being "painted in" a bit (or worse if it's been buggered about with, fillered over), and it can be hard to remove them cleanly.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You assume it's silt/sludge. Why do you think the engine's called a Coventry Climax? :gizz:

• Locked thread