Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
Birmingham, AL

Saw's Soul Kitchen - amazing soul food joint. tiny place with food that's pretty stellar no matter what your order. get the pork and greens or smoked wings. Also get the loving white bbq sauce.
Red Mountain Crawfish Company - guys who sell boiled and live crawfish, from Louisiana, up here during season. Very nice guys and can't give enough props.
Red Pearl - Huge Asian food market and restaurant. Featured on Andrew Zimmerman. Actually good and they have the most sticky rice!
Dreamland BBQ - Great ribs. Great BBQ. Served with bread and sauce. Their half chicken is pretty baller too.
John City Diner - A dinner like menu and an upscale location. Very good mixed drinks, local beer selection and food to boot.
Hamburger heaven - Greasy relatively local chain of burger joints.
Milos - fast food. 'famous' sweet tea that'll give you diabetes, but is delicious. Try their hamburger with their Milo's sauce.
Jim and Nicks - local BBQ chain that's a bit more upscale than most prices included. They raise their own brand of hogs to use for their pork and have solid offerings all around. Also ask for the white bbq sauce.

I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting, but that's what I can think of off hand.

onemanlan fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU