Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Does Houston deserve its own thread? Thinking about putting one up if there's enough Houston/GWS folks who'd be interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Au Pied de Cochon

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Scott Justice posted:

My family is spending Christmas in New Orleans. I've never been there before. are there any foods/places that we can't miss?

It's not much of a family/holiday atmosphere, but Coop's Place had my favorite food in NOLA when I was there last. The rabbit jambalaya was outstanding

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Amergin, you did pretty good in Houston. I probably would have steered you towards different bars but it sounds like those were right up your alley.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Yeah, for sushi in Vegas the main point is that you will have to pay for it. Same for any other inland destination.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Hauki posted:

If there's a New Orleans thread I didn't see it, so what's good eats around Canal & Rampart?

There's actually no good food in NOLA, it all sucks there.

Real talk, try this thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3570811

It's the combo thread for Cajun/Creole/NOLA

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

KillHour posted:

I know you're joking, but I'll fight you.

If you're from NOLA you're probably too drunk to fight. But I'll bet you can tell me where I got my shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Junior G-man posted:

Any recommendations for Houston, TX would be hugely appreciated. I'm there for work next week Friday and Saturday. Anything mexican-style and Texas barbeque would be amazing.

I'm staying in the downtown area and won't have a car so anything I can take a short taxi to (or walk) would be really nice.

drat, I'm sorry I missed this - I would have had a ton of suggestions.