Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Looking for good breakfast places in Montreal. Help me, goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

drat, closed Mondays. Anything open tomorrow?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Scott Justice posted:

My family is spending Christmas in New Orleans. I've never been there before. are there any foods/places that we can't miss?

Lots, and you won't have time for them all.

Jacques-Imo's is famous for a reason. Get there early.

Everyone likes Drago's for their charred oysters. They're a little too covered in butter for my taste, but they are good.

R&O's is famous for their huge muffalettas. Get half.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

For your expensive dinner for 2: if you like Sushi and are adventurous eaters, O Ya in Manhattan is delicious and the presentation is some of the best I've seen. I went with my girlfriend and got the tasting menu. It's pricey though - after tip and tax, it was close to $500.

https://o-ya.restaurant/o-ya-nyc/

Here's a gallery of the dishes I had:

https://goo.gl/photos/o5izknT8TBhbCKg36

As for the hotdogs, I like them. There is more than one "Papaya x" place, and they're all basically the same so don't worry about going to the wrong one or whatever. Sauerkraut and mustard is the way I get them. Be sure to compare them to Nathan's.

Do yourself a favor and stop at Bibble and Sip in Midtown and get a cream puff.

If you're near Rockefeller Center and looking for a good place for lunch that isn't too expensive, HAMA punches well above its price point (Japanese / Sushi). Hours are limited though.

Other than that, you really can't go wrong with anything in Hell's Kitchen.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 6, 2017

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Hopper posted:

Sorry I ment under 100 $ for dinner, I am half asleep and mixed the sign up. But thanks for taking the time to recommend that, we both love eating sushi/other exotic food but that's a bit too pricey. I will definitely check HAMA though, as we might do Top of the Rock anyway, so we will be around there. And Bibble and Sip are now on the list as well, I love all things Matcha and the GF will love those cream puffs, too.

If you don't mind hopping on the PATH to Hoboken, The Cuban has really good food and fantastic service. I've never had to wait.

http://www.thecubannj.com/

Tacuba in Hell's Kitchen isn't mind blowing, but it's pretty tasty Mexican food if a little over priced (like most things in Manhattan).

I'm sure there's good Latin food in Harlem too, but everywhere I've tried is so-so (granted I've only tried a hand full).

Edit: All in all, the food in NYC is mostly above average, but doesn't really live up to the hype except in price.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 6, 2017

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm on my way to London for a week, staying near St Paul's. My girlfriend is with me and we're looking for a little bit of everything - pubs, high tea, nice dinners, anything as long as its tasty.

Don't worry about cost either way.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Thanks for the tips. This is my first time in the UK. Any recommendations for a romantic dinner joint?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

There's actually no good food in NOLA, it all sucks there.

I know you're joking, but I'll fight you.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

If you're from NOLA you're probably too drunk to fight. But I'll bet you can tell me where I got my shoes.

I'm not, I just really like the food there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Jorge Von Bacon posted:

Looked back a few pages and saw Michelin/high-end restaurants for Oslo, but any recs for just general good food/bars in Oslo and Bergen?

I was just in Oslo a little bit ago!

All my favorites are on here:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1V-xp290Ubu9ufevtg2M9549ZNviuqAth&ll=41.890397897333045%2C-87.61858841622774&z=17

Hinoki is absolutely worth the train ride to Lillestrøm, btw.