Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Greetings, GWS. It has been a while. I am now a fancy traveling man who has to go to trade shows and eat with other monsters. Next week I'll be in San Diego and some marketing lady gave me a list of recommended options. I get to pick two. Thoughts?

Juniper & Ivy
Cowboy Star
Lionfish
Seersucker
Herb & Wood
Greystone
Mister A's

I've never been to San Diego and love food. Greystone stands out because they've got waygu and I've never tried it. Any locals or regulars to SD have any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Is there a Paris thread? There's gotta be one - im phone posting and couldn't find one. In case there isn't, I am going to be there in June solo for work for a week. I dont plan on being in paris proper all that much since it is 15 km or so away from where I'm going to be working 12-16 hours a day.

I will make a point of making it in for at least one meal before or after the 5 days of lovely days. Is there any place I MUST go for a meal, in your opinion? Assuming I dont need to make a reservation 9 months in advance, of course.

Budget is, let's say, $500 for food and drink. That is easily more than I've spent on any meal in my life, but I may never make it back there, so gently caress it.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I'm going to atlanta (there may be an atlanta thread, and I'm sorry if I missed it) early next year for work. I'll be in "tech square/midtown." If you were dining on someone else's dime, is there a place there I should ask to be taken?

If you were spending your own money, is there a place i could ride a bus to eat at?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

rockcity posted:

Not really the someone else's dime kind of place but Antico makes goddamn delicious pizza and is right in that area. I go there almost any time my work sends me to Georgia Tech for something.

Excellent! Thank you!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

Take advantage of MSP having the largest Hmong population in the US and eat a shitload of Hmong food

Edit: Hmongtown in St Paul has a pile of dope food stalls. Union Hmong Kitchen is a really cool pop up restaurant serving fantastic eats too.

Hmong food is worth the trip to MSP. it is such a niche culinary experience for nearly all americans based demographics, but if you move to MSP, hmong is where you should start and then look into Somali cuisine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I have to go to Tampa for work soon-ish and was hoping to find a place or two around the area to check out, preferably a place where reservations aren't recommended as I have no idea which nights I'll be free of work obligations. It'll just be me, and I'd be comfortable spending up to $150-ish without drinks. If it's under $75, that'd be dope too, as that's my daily meal cap and id be happy to spend it all for one meal. Any help would be appreciated!