Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm going to San Francisco next week. Any suggestions? No shellfish, I'm allergic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm staying in Emerald Lake Hills. One day I'll be going to Sausalito at one point and probably into the city at some point. I'm hoping to hit up City Lights bookstore. Anyone know of a good dim sum place in Chinatown?

As for price, I have no idea how much things cost. I'm from Ohio so $20 is what a nicer meal costs. I'm not trying to break the bank but I'm also willing to spend a little money as well.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm going to be in Philly next week. I'll be staying near Chinatown. Any suggestions of places to go? I'm looking for a restaurant in Chinatown but is there anything else nearby that's worth going to?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Most popular chain would probably be Melt for some reason, B spot is Simon's burger chain. Will you be West/downtown/East?

Melt is popular for the novelty and because it was on Man vs. Food. I would've happily recommended it before they expanded everywhere though.

talktapes posted:

Believe the family is east but will be spending at least one day downtown. Thanks for the Symon tip.

Do you have a budget? Some other places downtown would be Greenhouse Tavern and the Butcher and Brewer. Lola is also downtown but it's a bit pricey. The West Side Market isn't far from downtown and has a lot of nice places like the Great Lakes Brewing Company ( I recommend taking a tour of the brewery if you have time). There's also a stand inside the West Side Market that's famous for their gyro's, Steve's Gryos. They're huge. The West Side Market itself has limited hours so double check before you go. There's tons of restaurants around there if the market itself is closed. Clevelanders love corned beef and without a doubt the best restaurant for that would be Slyman's. Another popular place would be Happy Dog. They have lots of different toppings for hot dogs and you can get as many as you want. There's one on the East and West Side.

Unfortunately, I only really know downtown and the West Side. You may want to check out the coventry area near Little Italy. There's a lot of trendy restaurants in Cleveland these days.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is the hot pot place you're thinking of wonton gourmet? Would second that place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Midniter posted:

I'm traveling for work in early September to Springfield, Ohio. I don't have high hopes that there's great food there, but does anyone have any recommendations? Any cuisine, any price point, I just want something good.

Leraika posted:

I've heard okay things about O'Connor's, but this was from college students so your mileage may vary.

I'd suggest looking into Yellow Springs if you want a decent meal out - it's a bit of a drive, but since it's kind of a touristy town/hippieville they've got a lot of pretty decent restaurants. I enjoyed stopping at the Sunrise Cafe and Williams when I was last in town.

Going to second this. Yellow Springs is pretty nice. I haven't been there in awhile but I liked Ha Ha Pizza and Peach's Grill. A little outside of Yellow Springs is Young's Dairy. They have pretty good ice cream. I also really like their cheese curds.

Inside Springfield itself, it's mostly just chain restaurants. I really like Schuler's donuts. They're mostly famous for their politically incorrect sign:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/schuler-bakery-politically-incorrect-sign-prompts-reaction/NAMSoWTq6YGMRinVmTtDnK/

If you've got time to travel farther, Dayton is about 30 minutes away and Columbus is about 45 minutes.

Edit:

I forgot that there's Guerra's Krazy Taco that's supposed to have authentic Mexican tacos, I haven't been myself.

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 2, 2017