Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Any Singaporeans here that have a list of their favorite hawker centers/stalls? Going to be there for a few days at the end of November and while just exploring sounds fun, an inside opinion would be fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

I'm going to Sydney in July. I like hole in the wall places of just about any cuisine. Where should I go?

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

I was in HK last month.
If she has the time and inclination go down to the Ap Lei Chau market cooked food centre. Get stupid fresh seafood of all sorts in the wet market for rock bottom prices, then take it upstairs and have it cooked for even cheaper. We had an amazing meal for two for something like $330HKD ($250 for seafood, $80 for the preparation) with a red snapper and a bunch of abalone.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/%E9%B4%A8%E8%84%B7%E6%B4%B2%E8%A1%97%E5%B8%82%E5%8F%8A%E7%86%9F%E9%A3%9F%E4%B8%AD%E5%BF%83-%E9%A6%99%E6%B8%AF

If that's not her scene, honestly, get Open Rice and just see what looks good wherever she's staying. I can't even read Chinese but still used Open Rice because ratings and pictures transcend language barriers.

Language barrier wasn't a problem at ap lei chau market either, we just pointed at what we wanted, paid, then took it upstairs and handed it to whomever looked ready to take it from us. Figured we'd eat whatever they'd bring us, and it was all amazing.

Probably the best non seafood meal I had was this Sian place - http://www.openrice.com/en/hongkong/r-yau-yuen-siu-tsui-jordan-shanxi-shan-noodles-rice-noodles-r185837 Eat biang biang noodles until death, die happy.

I like turtles fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 12, 2016

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

I'll be dinking around in New Zealand in September with my wife. I like hole in the wall places. Seafood is good.
I'll be in Auckland, Rotoura, Wellington, Nelson, and Christchurch.

Is there New Zealand food, or is it more like Australia where you get a lot of good stuff from other countries?

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

TheCog posted:

Kind of a specific question: is there any really good dim-sum places in Boston?

I've been to Hei La Moon and they were fine. I can't say that they're "really good", mostly because I've not ever been to a place that is well established as "really good", but it met the passing-through-Boston-and-wanting-dim-sum requirements well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Are there any places I can get proper Italian rainbow cookies in Seattle?