Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

A jargogle posted:

Just a quickie - anyone know of good places in berlin?
Chaparro is a hole-in-the-wall place that does decent Mexican food, which is rare in Germany. Although last time I was there they had started giving you sour cream with the tacos and I got a little wary.

Cocoro is more of a Japanese tea house/sake bar, but they have a small selection of very good food. (The one at Mehringdamm 64 - apparently there's also a ramen place called Cocolo which Google prefers to give you as a result, but it's a whole different thing.)

They're both more for a quick meal than full dining experience, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

drgitlin posted:

Going to spend a couple of days in Berlin in early November. Where's interesting to eat at?

My Lovely Horse posted:

Chaparro is a hole-in-the-wall place that does decent Mexican food, which is rare in Germany. Although last time I was there they had started giving you sour cream with the tacos and I got a little wary.

Cocoro is more of a Japanese tea house/sake bar, but they have a small selection of very good food. (The one at Mehringdamm 64 - apparently there's also a ramen place called Cocolo which Google prefers to give you as a result, but it's a whole different thing.)

They're both more for a quick meal than full dining experience, though.
Been a while now since I've been to either but I imagine they still hold up.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Always did want to know if Mustafa's was really that great, but I can never be arsed to queue because every time I'm in the area, I'm on my way to or from Cocoro :v:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hit me with Edinburgh. Especially over Christmas.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hopper posted:

- a place near/on the Highline to have lunch in/pick up food for lunch to eat on the Highline (I assume there are benches etc?)
There's an Artichoke very near Highline. I've been informed in the NYC thread that it wasn't the optimal choice but I thought it was alright. You can easily see it from the Highline. There's also what I remember as a mid-sized cafeteria-type place on Highline itself but, well, once we found that we'd already been to Artichoke...
(this is all based on a 2013 visit so things may have subtly changed)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

We do have a thread specifically for London, though, I'm sure someone will be able to point you towards something: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3447751

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Doom Rooster posted:

How long from now are you going to Iceland? If it's more than 9 weeks from now, you can pay someone to bury some sharks along the way to ferment for you ahead of time.
I've always been curious, do they leave the fin sticking out to give hikers a scare?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

angor posted:

There was a place in Pittsburgh called Conflict Kitchen where they would only serve food from a country that the US was in conflict with. I think it's closed forever now :(
Hard to turn a profit when your one and only dish is "tablespoon of rice and some grass".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hopper posted:

The Boxty House on Temple Bar also has traditional Irish food that I enjoyed.
They have extremely good stout. Based on my limited tourist experience they're also packed. I'd definitely book a table.