Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
If you go to Indianapolis, go to Goose the Market. The sandwiches are amazing and it has the best steak tartare I've ever had. Oaxaca has great goat, great chicken mole and balls cheap tamales. Well worth visiting. Brugge Brasserie has great crepes. Have the duck confit sandwich or crepe, you won't regret it. Their beer is very good but also very variable. So, every time you go things will be slightly different. Go expecting something awesome but when you return the beer you liked last time might not be what you remember, because it literally isn't. On Time or whatever they are calling it now next to Saraga Market has amazing Dim Sum. Saraga is a great grocery store if you live in Indy. Need something you don't think exists in a midwestern city like bitter melon, durian, jackfruit or any other "ethnic" food? Boom, Saraga has it. Adobo downtown has a fantastic happy hour. Seriously, their tacos are cheaper than Taco Bell and very delicious. Get the Los Nuahles Mezcal and feel your life change.

There are some other places too, but those are all 100% worth the visit. Especially Goose.

Some other higher brow options but if you are dining on an expense account you are going to hit up a random steak house anyway. St. Elmo's is great, but it's the obvious choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
There is an awesome Thai place that used to be a Long John Silver's. I think it was Tuptim Thai. Not fine dining but very good. Jolly Pumpkin Pizzeria & Brewery is great. Kuhnhenn is worth stopping by for the beers but they don't serve food.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

PatMarshall posted:

Hello thread, where can I find the best BBQ in the Raleigh-Durham area? Any favorite bars? Thanks!

If you're heading to the RTP research area (like where Quest is) there is a fantastic vinegar based BBQ place between there and the airport. Just ask around and they'll know. Place is legit.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
That's Basque country, isn't it? Get some sidra and some young white wine. It's really fantastic stuff. That and cod omelettes.

Note: I haven't been to Basque country but there is an awesome basque restaurant near where I live.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Cider. Basque cider is a bit of a different beast. It's like a still scrumpy cider . . . but different. Good stuff. I know it has a wide range of flavors and I know that I don't know enough to really talk about it with any authority. But whenever I've had a "drink this" moment, it has been pretty cool.

Edit: http://cidercraftmag.com/the-center-of-sidra-the-culture-and-custom-of-spanish-cider/

That should help. Also, looks like you got lots of starred restaurants, so figure out what you want and go from there. I'm not "up" on the European culinary scene (or really any culinary scene) but I'm sure you can figure out what is in, what is out and, with a little bit of luck, what occupies that magical middle ground where quality and price intersect. Maybe try hitting up some of the snobbier GWS threads or the frequent (business) flyer thread in the careers section? They could probably help you out more.

Shbobdb fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 28, 2015