Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe
I am visiting Glasgow (5 days) with a 2 day side trip to Edinburgh. Suggestions for restaurants would be appreciated. Also need good places to drink scotch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe

Jo Joestar posted:

Depending on your price range, Stravaigin and Ubiquitous Chip are both very good. On the cheaper end, I was fond of the University Cafe, Old Salty's for fish and chips, and ice cream from Jaconelli's. The west end and Kelvingrove in particular have a lot of good options, so just pulling up Google Maps and seeing what you like the look of should be fine. There's also the Shish Mahal, which claims to be the origin of chicken tikka masala, if that seems interesting.

It's been years since I've lived in Glasgow, though, so you should probably check reviews first.

e: It's not a restaurant, but George Bower in Edinburgh is a butcher that does some very nice meat pies.

All sounds good, thanks! Mrs.Geek and I are very excited about our visit. Do all Scottish pubs have a good selection of scotch, or is there anything in particular we should look for? We both enjoy the gamut, from smokey - peaty to light and sweet. We were disappointed when we realized we would not have enough time for a side visit to Islay and the distilleries there.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe

:tipshat: :tipshat: :tipshat: