Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Any recommendations for good places to eat in Honolulu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I just spent a week in Honolulu and can highly recommend The Pig and The Lady in Chinatown. I went at lunchtime and sat at the bar and got the set menu which is a salad, bahn mi and bowl of pho, a housemade soft drink and an ice cream for dessert. Everything I tried was absolutely phenomenal; super fresh with incredibly bold and complex flavours. I only wish I could have gone back to try more of the menu.

I also had lunch at Odoriko in Waikiki. They have a lunch special where you can choose three dishes with rice and miso soup for $19.95 (I think, less than $20 anyway). I was expecting to get a bento box style plate with a small portion of each dish but they actually brought out three separate plates with a healthy portion of each dish. Everything was fresh and very tasty. Definitely worth the money and a nice change from the usual plate lunches you find in Honolulu.