Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

What are you looking for? The past few years had seen Philly explode food/drinks wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

A few options then. Lighter side I've been absolutely in love with Dizengoff in Rittenhouse. It's hummus and pita, rotating varieties daily. Strangeloves in Washington Square for gastropub experience, definitely plan on drinks or beer to make it really worth stopping in. Memphis Taproom out on the edge of fishtown/Kensington for a great beer list and bar food. High Street on Market for outrageously good sandwiches, highlights being the breads that they bake themselves and the pickled goods they pickle themselves.

My personal absolute favorite lunch spot is Stock in fishtown/Girard. Vietnamese, amazing phò, bahn mi, salads and cold noodles.

Good Spoon in Fishtown for other soups.

Reanimator for coffee if you love coffee, La Columbe Torrefaction if you like interior design and microdistillieries.

Terakawa for Ramen or other Japanese restaurant staples. Some of the best ramen I've found outside of NYC.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Any last minute suggestions for Richmond VA on a Saturday? Both lunch and dinner.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

rockcity posted:

Richmond had a ton of awesome food. I fly there once a month or so for tattoo work.

Metzger's - Elevated German food. The pork chop and the potatoes are outstanding. Great cocktails.
The Answer - Brewpub serving Thai food. Both the beer and the Thai food are excellent. Really good Bahn Mi.
Lunch/Dinner - They are two attached restaurants with different menus. They do a great brunch on Sundays.
The Black Sheep - I've only done brunch here but it was excellent.
Gwar Bar - Kind of a dive, but the food is good and it's owned by the metal band Gwar and if you know who they are you will want to go here.

The answer seems to be... The answer. Gwar bar a definite maybe, but we're driving in from Smithfield so later at night stuff is going to be curtailed.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

rockcity posted:

The Answer is really good. I just went there on my last visit for the first time and I will definitely be back. The sauces with the Bahn Mi I got were outstanding. I definitely want to try some of the other items on the menu.

Confirming, it was great. Had a bunch of the appetizers and the bao sliders. All good stuff. RVA seems pretty cool compared to what I remember from a few years back.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

I'll be in Tampa for two weeks for corporate training and I'm a make them regret comping my meals. My hotel is the highway 65 exit of I-75. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm particularly interested in Caribbean food as my hometown doesn't have any.

To start with your hotel is in the middle of nowhere so I hope you've a rental. If you want authentic Jamaican you're heading to the Hyde Park neighborhood and eating Yah Mon. I dunno why you'd want carribean food in Tampa though, not exactly the local fare.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

Yeah I have a rental. I'll eat anything but prefer to have poo poo I can't eat back home. We have awful seafood so that's certainly on the menu as well. What I'm seeing googling around looks like a lot of tourist traps but I'm also not really familiar with Florida, last I went was ~10 years ago.

Ulele, rooster and the till, hotel bar, Bern's (or it's attached restaurant Haven), anise global, Fly Bar and Edison are absolutely killer.

If you only try one Rooster and the Till is mandatory for food. Hotel Bar for drinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I wouldn't go that far. It's just there are more exceptions to the rule in recent times.