Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

AnonSpore posted:

I could use some recommendations for Sacramento. I realized I've been living here for over a year and never bothered really eating out. I have no preferences regarding food except that it be good to put in my mouf and will try anything once.

I don't live there but pass through frequently. I am a fan of Ramen House Ryujin in Midtown and like to stop there for the "white ramen" (tonkotsu) or tan tan men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

RabbitMage posted:

Back in Fresno for the summer. Help?

Annex Kitchen has a dish that one of the Food Network personalities said was his favorite of 2016:

http://www.fresnobee.com/living/article157640664.html

I've heard a lot of good things about their food but haven't had a chance to go there yet. Seems to be one of the best-regarded spots in town. Relatively new.

Standard Sweets and Spices is one of the favorite Indian spots I've heard friends talk of. It's in an Indian grocery.

La Elegante Taqueria for some of my favorite adobada tacos.

La Reina de Michoacán for house-made paletas.

Cracked Pepper is one of the nicer dining options. Try the bread pudding.

Limon is good Peruvian food.

You have my condolences for having to stay here in summer. Stay cool (if you can)...