Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

ucmallory posted:

Since the DC thread is locked for archives, does anyone have any suggestions for good eats for dinner? I'm only going to be in the city one night for work, and will be staying near the McPherson Square Metro Stop, but I'm happy to venture out on the subway a few stops away for something good. Something that can keep dinner under $20 would be optimal.

The McPherson Square metro is on 14th street and K Street. If you walk a few blocks north up 14th street (between N and R), the whole 14th street strip is filled with some solid choices for ~$20.

My initial thoughts on some more low-key/fast-casual places to go:

14th Street Cafe or Great Wall Szechuan House - Great authentic chinese food
Maki Shop or Burdeo - More fast casual than fancy, but it's the "Burrito-sized Sushi" thing if you're looking for a quick bite to eat that's slightly novel
Amsterdam Falafelshop - This is deffo a quick bite to eat, but if you're into Falafel, they have a topping bar of like... 30 different things and it's quite yummy
Compass Rose - Street foods from around the world prepared in high-end ways. (More a sit down place than a fast casual)
Taqueria Nacional - Delightful tacos

(The above are probably a 15-25 minute walk from the metro)

&pizza - "The Chipotle of Pizza" and is quite good. Also is right near McPherson Square Metro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU