Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I went to san sebastian in I think 2010 with some friends into spending tons of money on food. we had a reservation at arzak. were blown away there

we got really loving drunk that night and after our expensive rear end satisfying meal, on a group dare called akalarre at like 11:30pm and asked if they had any tables the next day. they said yes, we confirmed. probably spent 1200 euros per person for both of those meals.

akalarre was hands down the most ridiculously stupid, shittily executed meal I've ever had in my life. the service was downright rude, we were maybe 26 or 27 at the time, the waiters repeatedly asked us if we'd be able to afford the bill, or if we were "in the industry" (I mean, I have been, but wasn't at that point - but in any case how is that even relevant and wtf???????) - the food and pairings made no sense whatsoever, we didn't get silverware even before our first silverware-needing course was dropped, we had a dish that literally tasted like a girl had thrown up in my mouth, I personally had a dish with hair in it that I sent back - and was sent back to me - same dish - with just the hairs removed

the head chef went around to literally every other table in the restaurant but didn't stop by ours (despite my burning desire to ask him so many questions about our poo poo meal) - near the end of the meal the somm asked us how everything had been, I indicated in the most subtle industry-friendly way that things had not gone as we'd expected, and there was 0 effort to acknowledge that anything had been amiss. I even asked about the chef's decisions about pairing, and the dish that had tasted like vomit - assuming maybe I was missing some local rendition of a classic regional dish I had never had before - and absolutely nothing. bill? 550 EUR p/p + tip.

gently caress AKALARRE.

mindphlux fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Aug 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Grand Fromage posted:

If anyone's ever swinging through Chengdu in Sichuan, there's a small goon crew here that will be happy to take you out for good foods.

you joke, but I'm gonna loving inbox you in a month or two or next year or some poo poo

you've been warned