Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Sea Harvest is a pretty good fish shack, and easy on the budget. There's lots of fancier places, but none of them are quite as good, I don't think. And actually that's the thing about Monterey - there's a lot of really nice places with expensive menus turning out food that isn't actually very good at all because they're relying completely on the whole romance of the seashore thing with the tourists. So the best food is at the lower dollar places, generally.

Paprika is a good place for middle eastern stuff.

Huala's and Crown and Anchor are both good kitschy but good.

Lots of good taquerias that you can pretty much take your pick from.

Stay away from the pier.

The Old Fisherman's Grotto is on the wharf and it's an excellent seafood restaurant, but other than that I agree. I've never eaten anywhere else on the wharf that I felt was worth the money. They don't have to work hard to put out good product due to location.

The pizza parlor kitty corner from the aquarium is shockingly bad.

Pacific Grove has a number of excellent breakfast places but I can't remember any names. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU