Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Joe is the loving man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Impractical Jokers Season 4 - I heard Sal fall

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Joe put the Young Bucks to shame

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I can't tell if they've run out of punishments for Sal and are just wingin it or what. (again, still hilarious)

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

I thought they were going to make him fake it at first. What a loving weird punishment.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

September 3, the boys are doing a 4 person LIVE punishment where they are going to tightrope walk across a 5 story building. Its to celebrate their 100th episode. Uh, good luck I suppose.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

bunky posted:

I thought they were going to make him fake it at first. What a loving weird punishment.

Making Sal piss his pants was pretty brutal. :cripes:

Q cat dancing makes him look insane :lol:

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 19, 2015

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
What the hell, Murr?!?!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
The public shaming punishments are so lame. See also: Fruit throwing/Stocks, Human Pinata, the garbage shredder punishment from a couple of seasons ago.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

xcore posted:

The public shaming punishments are so lame. See also: Fruit throwing/Stocks, Human Pinata, the garbage shredder punishment from a couple of seasons ago.

Yeah it was pretty weak. Pinata being the worst.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't mind that one coz of the snake and murrays reaction

the week before, Sal at the prison thing? fuckin' loved that.

I feel these guys need to get some apprentices really, they're getting to well known to do some of the more awesome pranks, like the ones where they present ideas or slideshows.

And is everyone else amazed when they discover just how close the 3 of them are to the other 1 when they're doing park pranks etc?

Also what's with the show being cheesy as hell? The pranks are great but the rest as so absolutely cheesy and terrible

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

echinopsis posted:

Also what's with the show being cheesy as hell? The pranks are great but the rest as so absolutely cheesy and terrible

TruTV

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

echinopsis posted:

If you watch between the lines and look at their outside the show stuff you realize they probably hate doing the stupid scripted stuff just as much as we hate it and they are a lot more vulgar and the show edits around it.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Uh, their tenderloins stuff is corny as gently caress. That 'Jokers Wild' show was garbage.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

bunky posted:

Uh, their tenderloins stuff is corny as gently caress. That 'Jokers Wild' show was garbage.

I love Sal and Q's podcast called What Say You. It's just them sitting around bullshitting about their lives, current events, pop culture stuff, and occasionally like a guest interview. I actually discovered the show because Q and Sal were on Doug Stanhope's podcast and were so funny. They seem like fun people to sit around and have drinks with. That said, I watched that "special" episode of Impractical Jokers that follows their tour and their stage show looks soooo awful.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

frenton posted:

I love Sal and Q's podcast called What Say You. It's just them sitting around bullshitting about their lives, current events, pop culture stuff, and occasionally like a guest interview. I actually discovered the show because Q and Sal were on Doug Stanhope's podcast and were so funny. They seem like fun people to sit around and have drinks with. That said, I watched that "special" episode of Impractical Jokers that follows their tour and their stage show looks soooo awful.

Agreed, I think they are a lot funnier unscripted when they can just be themselves. Impractical Jokers is the perfect vehicle for them. Eventually they're gonna have to start going to a bunch of different cities to do these things though.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

They are going to get prosthetic makeup to look like old women like Jackass had to do.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What's "Tell em steve dave" like?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Tonight is the night. Celebrating the 100th show by having the Jokers walk a tightrope 5 stories high!

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

echinopsis posted:

What's "Tell em steve dave" like?

I'm a huge fan, but you have to realize that Q is only a third of the show, so if you don't like the Bryan and Walt you're going to not like it. Also I imagine the show would be hard to join in progress, there's a lot of history and there are many references and side characters that won't make sense.

It's basically three friends sitting around and just talking and making fun of each other. There's some games that Walt plans out, and a great group of guests who some of the audience (and the hosts) hate, and love. It's great.

zandert33 fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 4, 2015

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Well that was dumb.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So glad I didn't watch the live episode live. That was loving painful.

The last couple of eps have been really good though!

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

This weeks punishment is one of the most awkward, cringe worthy ones they've done in a while.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TUS posted:

This weeks punishment is one of the most awkward, cringe worthy ones they've done in a while.

Worse than the wedding speech?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

Worse than the wedding speech?

With the wedding speech, there were people who knew what was going on. With this one, there was legit fear for Murr's life.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Sal having the brains of a 10 year old will always be funny, forever and ever.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

TUS posted:

Sal having the brains of a 10 year old will always be funny, forever and ever.

The little pianogirl was amazing!

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

This weeks episode was the last one of the season and they went out with a bang. Totally loving with Murr is never not funny. BURN BLANKIE BURN

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im still catching up on season 3 after forgetting about this show for a couple of years and are all these clip shows and specials worth watching? there's like 6 of them its ridiculous

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Davincie posted:

im still catching up on season 3 after forgetting about this show for a couple of years and are all these clip shows and specials worth watching? there's like 6 of them its ridiculous

Nah I'd skip them. The guys are - IMHO - kinda awkward and dorky when trying to entertain a crowd and if you want to look at bloopers, highlights and top tens just search Youtube for that. Or skip the talky parts and look at the clips.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thanks, i'll pass. btw episode 13 was kinda crap, hope they aren't running out of material

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I liked the clip shows but hated their stand-up special. The tightrope special you can fast-forward through at least half of.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

thanks, i'll pass. btw episode 13 was kinda crap, hope they aren't running out of material

Some episodes are hit and miss but overall still pretty funny.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

towards the end of the last season they prove they aren't

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Davincie posted:

Wait, is that one Murr's playhouse?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yeah i did not care for it. the main gags fell flat and destroying his tv and other stuff was just too mean imo

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

The two way mirror challenge is one of my favorites of the series. The set up the Playhouse bit was good but yeah, it just got a bit too mean.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
It wasn't really a clip show but there's one where they were intro-ing the bits from a studio in front of an audience instead of on the street. The theme was like head to head challenges. The one where Sal has to read the answers to a focus group that one of the other guys wrote for him is one of my all time favorite bits.

One of the questions was like "Where do you do most of your food shopping?" and the answer was "When I was in middle school my friend would give me all the best candy if I touched his jeans."

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Season 5 starts up tonight, fyi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I was just thinking about the show, too. Looking very forward to this. :toot:

• Locked thread