Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Nckdictator posted:

Am I reading this MJ article wrong or are they dismissing the whole thing? Maybe my sarcasm detector's broken but the bolded section just seems kinda iffy.

In terms of politics it would seem a bit odd that Ken Starr would be on the defense, at least to the types of people who still give a poo poo about Clinton scandals. There's a long list of high-profile names that so far have been released or leaked, including Donald Trump, so it's not going to be an exclusively Democrat thing.

I'm not sure Republicans would really jump on this one too much. I suspect if this really started going somewhere, much like with the Lewinsky scandal a whole shitload of similar dirt would start flying about various Republican leaders and fundraisers. We have our own Jimmy Savilles (see the British corruption thread) in this country, and it takes years for things to shake out, if ever.

At some point years ago there was a thread here about Epstein, and it talked about him bringing over underage girls from France (googling says they were 12) to a party of his attended by like Katie Couric and other celebrities and political types. Someone in the thread basically heavily implied that the type of "Hedge Fund manager" the guy is is not the typical Wall Street version, but more money laundering with some crazy insider trading. The kind of access and pull this guy seems to have is troubling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread