Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Perestroika posted:

This is the first time I've really read much of anything about Dershowitz, and I can barely even believe he's a real person. He's the kind of character I'd expect to see as an antagonist on some cheesy TV crime show. :psyduck:

Sometimes I wonder whether popular media have destroyed our capacity to appreciate human evil. You'll hear people accused of truly heinous behaviour and a part of you just cannot believe it because it sounds too much like something out of an over the top television show. It's like the bizzaro world reverse of the "banality of evil".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

"the presence of numerous teenage girls on the financier's private island might have struck a visitor as unusual or even troublesome. But... Epstein had given tens of millions of dollars to political... causes"

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

He's right though. Suggesting Adsanbgr behaved the way he did because he is part of some "elite" or because he is white doesn't make very much sense.

Elites, especially white ones, get away with some heinous poo poo and that emboldens them but trying to take every case of sexual assault ever and then explaining it through race and class is silly. There are plenty of poor rapists of none European descent in the world.

Saying Assange did what he did because he is white or an elite makes you sound like a right wing parody of leftism.

I think there is an obvious connection between male privilege and Assange's behaviour but some of the other comments being made here are pretty drat silly.

• Locked thread