Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blind Melon posted:

IMO there is a strong overlap between people actively desiring and seeking out power, and wanting to gently caress children.

People who seek power are by and large broken individuals to begin with, so it's not surprising that there is a pretty large contingent of kiddie fuckers among them.

"She had sex with men, therefor she can't be trusted to discuss who she had sex with" is the so circular that it's almost funny. If we can wreck a couple more great men's lives out of this scandal, it will be the greatest thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

McDowell posted:

The age of consent in the UK is 16 so even with incontrovertible proof Randy Andy 'only' cheated on his wife and broke Yank law.

Aren't they talking about some of the sex having happened in the US (New York and the US Virgin Islands)? I'm not sure why the UK's laws would be applicable. Also, does the UK have a law about having sex with trafficked persons? (anti-sex tourism) The US has that and depending on how the exact stuff gets spun, he might be guilty of that as well (the US claims universal jurisdiction for that)

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

McDowell posted:

They wouldn't, but I can't see the UK extraditing him if he was found guilty - he would just never be able to leave the country again. But this is all hypothetical because this is a civil suit, not a criminal case.

I can't see the UK extraditing him no matter what the circumstances. Just getting to the point where the guy is stuck in the UK and constantly called a pedo is all I'd expect to happen to him. Though maybe if the trafficking stuff pans out there's enough pressure to do something decent. I'd also put up with giving him a deal if he flips on Dershowitz and that guy hangs.

• Locked thread