Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Legit Businessman posted:

I really wish there was just a better way in game to communicate the changes that these style of kit changes bring.

there is a better way, just add the additional effects to the tooltip. they do it with the Flagellant and Vestal but refuse to do it for other classes for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah that's such a weird oversight on their part, like almost everything in the game gets explained in detail until it comes to that stuff.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Legit Businessman posted:

By the by, what is the best team to tackle a grand slam? PD/Jester/Hwm/MAA?

My favorite team is Plague Doctor, Jester, Highwayman, and Flagellant. PD and Jester are the all stars of the team and I think you can beat any boss if you have three characters that can hit the back row.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
I did mine with PD Alchemist / GR Venomdrop / Scourge Flagellant / Crusader.

Only Confession bosses that can cause problems to this comp are Seething Sigh and Gut of the Coward, for self-evident reasons.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Darkest Dungeon II - New FREE Game Mode 'Kingdoms' Coming in 2024

quote:

“The Light of victory casts a long shadow…”

Introducing Kingdoms - a FREE stand alone campaign game mode coming to Darkest Dungeon II later this year.

Protect and nurture your Kingdom by defending safe havens and purging dangerous environments of insidious threats.

Upgrade Inns to bolster defenses, embark on unique quest lines, and fight back against 3 new factions - The Coven, Beastmen and Crimson Courtiers.

We’ll be releasing more information on this free update in the coming months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkTnnAJjJrA

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
That looks like it could be fun

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Dang, that's quite the update to be free. Looking forward to it, I loved the combat of DD2 and only fell off the game because I don't think the roguelike structure really comes together.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I guess I do feel a bit of pity that they are using previous factions, since the designs of the gentry and the lost army were... Admirable in their direction, less so in their execution (at least by my opinion). The adaptation of the Weald witches and the Vampires in DD2 style already look so much better.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

ccubed posted:

Looks cool, very surprised they're doling it out for free but that works for me.

Also lol that they went with "Decency must be defended" rather than going with the classic phrase.

Autsj
Nov 9, 2011
They had mentioned somewhere in December that they were working on a big, free update, centered around improving variety and replayability. Still this looks quite a bit chunkier than I expected, very cool.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Sounds kinda like Wildermyth with the various sites for characters to defend, and I love Wildermyth.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

ccubed posted:

RPS have a few more details about this in their piece, including this summary of the new mode:

RockPaperShotgun posted:

Much as in the main game, each round of Kingdoms gives you a network of biomes connected by inns, but this time you'll view them from on high and be able to shuffle a stagecoach worth of heroes back and forth between inns, all of which are under siege.

You're handed eight heroes in total, four of which can travel in the stagecoach while the others protect inns, and knowing who to prop behind the bar and who to invite on a jollie can be vital. You'll likely want the burn-resistant Runaway with you if you're travelling through the smouldering City biome, for instance. As (Chris) Bourassa explained, the mode aims to strike a balance between picking and choosing characters for parties in DD1 and committing to a single band of adventurers in DD2. "We're getting back to that kind of roster cycle from Darkest Dungeon 1. You can drop off the Plague Doctor so she can heal up at one inn, put the Leper on your coach, drive to another inn, go through a biome that's suited for him, then let him heal." Hero progression is a bit closer to the original game, too. Skills are straightforwardly bought from trainers at inns - there are no Shrines of Reflection.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Okay, done unlocking all the characters including Crusader. Is there any suggested usage order for candles? Trinkets and inn items first?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
IIRC you get whatever you unlock for your next run, so don't go too hard on any one thing because you'll fill up your inventory right off the bat if you have a ton of candles.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

You unlocked the stagecoach upgrades, right? Those and the get more stuff when you get to the inn are massive. After that yeah, a couple of each unlock going into each run works well.

I kindof don't want to unlock everything because then I wouldn't have free poo poo to start the run with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

A promising development in potential DD2 mods.