Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I love this game. The first expedition I did was a failure (I just HAD to know what was in that orange room) so the only hero that got out alive was my Vestal. I didn't have access to any of the morale boosting structures when she got back, so I had to send her in with another band of adventurers (Jester, Bounty Hunter, and Plague Doctor). The second expedition was... an adventure, to say the least. The Vestal's rantings and ravings about how everyone was going to die, as well as her insistence on cutting herself as an offering to the gods, eventually drove my bounty hunter to panic and turn coward. My jester, on the other hand, deemed himself to be the heroic type and the plague doctor was determined to become the bane of all the undead. Eventually attrition and rough combat encounters killed the Bounty Hunter and Jester, so my only survivors were my masochistic Vestal and my self-appointed lightbringer of a plague doctor. RIP Jester, you soaked up 20 hits while you were at death's door.

Time to go back...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

MotU posted:

So how much Food and Torches should I be taking into dungeons? It seems I always run out and I ain't sure what the basic loadout should be

I always overstock on Food and Toches (10 food, 5 torches.) Because getting a surprise round in combat makes alllll the difference.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Unwise_Cashew posted:

Just personal preference, but the armor is nice just for that extra bit of health and dodge. I've had bad luck trying to stun lock, and clutch dodges have kept people running well past common sense.

I think it really varies from class to class. I really only up a weapon for an accuracy bonus, but armor is good all around (esp. for my frontliners like the Leper) for bonus HP and dodge rates.

Sooo many of my bad encounters have been from constant misses on dodgy little fucks.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Dum-De-Dum, clearing out the ruins on a fresh run, and in the very first square of the first hallway, what do I see?

"Give a torch if you wish to see the void." Well, don't mind if I do!

:dunkedon:

Survived with only my plague doctor and crusader remaining and on death's door. Retreated with a +25% virtue artifact, whatever that does.