Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Nope, and I love it.

I kickstarted this and finally got a chance to play a couple hours today. Had a few really close calls, only lost one party member so far. The characterization of the different party members is fantastic and really fits the atmosphere of the overall game world.

My favorite thing so far was during a room battle with some really tough enemy humans they landed a crit on a party member, pushing my Vestal's sanity to the brink... and she called on her faith and inspired the rest of the party, finding courage in the damnable ruins. My next two characters scored solid hits and swung the battle strongly into my favor from what could've been half a party wipe or worse.

What a fantastic game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is there a way to tell the turn order in advance when a fight starts? Because that'd be really helpful, and I may be an idiot who missed it.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
Speaking of which, I'm going to start streaming here shortly.

e: Stream is over, thanks for watching folks. Hopefully the quality was half decent, sorry my chat participation was in and out. I'll try to get a better solution, ShadowPlay only worked with desktop recording for some reason.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 2, 2015

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

I was pumped until I realized his only Bleed is on his healing skill. :saddowns: Hands From The Abyss is his stun and it has a 10% crit bonus so maybe that's viable.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
On the same topic as other UI thoughts, it'd be pretty swell to have some way to save groups of four and have it visibly displayed. Having them all stacked up on the right with no divisions is pretty cluttered, and it'd be nice to see who makes up a nice little party and who is a third-stringer I haven't assigned yet. Even if it's something utterly simple like highlighting the 4 of them with a background color tone and a small colored number beside it would be great for quickly looking to see what a party is, who is available in that party, etc.

Also maybe a mouse-over tool-tip that varies based on the screen you're in: showing their four skills and optimal location when you're picking out party members for an expedition (i.e. 95% of my time spent right-clicking them one by one), showing their afflictions when in a place to reduce stress, showing their equipment when in the blacksmith, etc.

I'm really starting to like the Bounty Hunter for his pull ability. You can really gently caress up enemy groups by pulling their ranged members to the front.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
So the defensive Protection skills for the Leper and Crusader are pretty amazing. Crit hit for 1 damage? :getin:

Also I'm really warming up to running a paid of Bounty Hunters. Spend the first turn or two pulling and uppercutting enemies into positions that reduce their damage output, then mark and kill off the toughest ones.