Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What happens if you abandon a dungeon prematurely? I'm going to keep my first two dudes alive no matter what, even if it does mean I pussy out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Are the changes retroactive for save games? Or would I need to start anew if I don't want to face killer bandits?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RottenK posted:

Waiting for the end of EA is a reasonable idea, yeah.

With that being said though, this is amazingly well-polished for an EA release, if you ask me. Hell, tack on the ending dungeon and I'd say the game's complete.

Shlapintogan posted:

Should work fine with any save.

Awesome!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What does 'Obsessed with killing' mean? Because my main Crusader has it, and he's always been the main damage dealer of the group, so I guess there's no danger of him going into withdrawal, but it still seems like something that should be a benefit :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Black August posted:

It'd be cool if stress spirals could have much rarer reverse situations where there's a stress removal spiral -- like everyone on death's door, and one max-stress character has a superheroic moment that inspires the others with huge stress removal that keeps going as long as you don't die, or something similar.

That sounds like a potential Crusader thing, if you ask me. From what everyone's been saying, a Crusader at max Stress turns into a goddamn superhero.

EDIT: Grave robbers are cool if you put a pair of them in the mid ranks, constantly stunning enemies and poo poo. I managed to roll with the following party:

Occultist/Grave Robber/Grave Robber/Highwayman

and it worked surprisingly well, even though the Highwayman's +Dodge items reduced his max HP by like 5-7 points.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 3, 2015

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Black August posted:

Like Leper. You wouldn't really think of that as a class, but it has really strong themes and aesthetics.

Lepers also hit like freight trains, in my experience.Crusaders are a little more versatile though.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Demiurge4 posted:

The leper is really strong but he's hamstrung by his accuracy. You really need the turn for him to wind up with his buff or two good +accuracy items to make him effective. There's also a camp action for him to get more accuracy which really helps to mitigate the "has to buff every fight" aspect of him. His biggest weakness is probably the lack of movement skills though.

Yeah, that is a bummer. I don't really mind the first turn buff since my Leper has the 'Calm' defect (-15% damage on the first turn), and I can usually build a fairly mobile party, so even if he is pushed back my guys can usually reposition themselves fairly quickly. Honestly though, I'm finding mobility to be much more important than raw damage- anyone else feel the same way too?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tracula posted:

Super stoked to play this. My only concern is burning myself out on early access before the game comes out properly with full features :(

Seems like there's still quite a bit of variety to come- I wouldn't worry about burnout, but then again I'm easily amused :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Okay, I want to know- how do I edit the .json files in this? I know it's cheating like a motherfucker, but hell, sometimes a guy just wants to laugh as he steamrolls poo poo.

Or maybe edit them so that your starting party's a different bunch of crazies than the Highwayman and the Crusader.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Oh my God, I have to try a super-mobile build out. It sounds like the most hilarious build.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Who was your fourth? Because one of my Crusaders has that healing power, and I was thinking of maybe using him and a Vestal to handle the healing, maybe him and a Jester.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Feb 4, 2015

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oldstench posted:

Well, I guess I'm in the dissenting opinion camp. It feels too much like playing a PnP RPG with a particularly sadistic DM who won't teach you the rules of the game before throwing you into his deathtrap dungeon. I'm able to run successful parties but getting hit with a string of enemies blocking/dodging/resisting 5 in a row followed up by them critting, critting, critting gets a little old.

I find focusing on mobility and defences to be a much greater factor in deciding my victories than offensive stuff like stuns and damage. The game likes to put the really nasty buggers who can do Stress damage, AoE and pulls way behind, so being able to push and pull them becomes very important. Even if you're surprised, a highly mobile party can often turn that into opportunity more often than not. So what if your Crusader, whom you specced to take down back rankers falls to the front? Just get a Highwayman to push in front of him or something, and you're good.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

FrickenMoron posted:

How does everyone treat newbie heroes with 100 stress but positive traits? I have a level 0 Hellion who has 3 good quirks. She went on a failed run though and ended up with 100 stress. Let her go or invest some money?

Sounds like she's worth keeping (depending on said quirks). Pop her in the Abbey/Inn for a bit.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The Lighter Dungeon mod doesn't seem that bad, just some minor changes here and there. It's not like he's doubling gold and XP amounts or the like.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Honestly, the only mod I'd like is one that allows dudes of any level to attempt dungeons of any level.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zaphod42 posted:

There's a paint palette symbol at the bottom left corner :)

Tactical, Science and Engineering? :v:

(It's a Star Trek joke.)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
it's been a while for me, have Lepers been given any kind of mobility upgrade?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Gabriel Pope posted:

The thing is DD isn't even particularly challenging, it just runs counter to most peoples' typically assumptions. They expect a traditional CRPG experience and can't cope with something that acts differently from what they're used to.

Yeah, with a good setup, even the worst RNG fuckery can't stop you steamrolling people. You just need to know how to play smart and when to retreat, the latter point being the important bit. You don't have to finish every run and explore every room.

EDIT: Anyone have that picture of the lone Crusader talking about how great it is travelling with friends?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Awesome, thanks!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Drewjitsu posted:

I think the flagellent is the dude who beat up the robed figure, and kept the tooth he knocked out and the shattered beer bottle as trinkets.

Huh, I didn't think of seeing that way, drat.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

It's an argument that could be made, but in the artist's case, he just really likes big titties. That's his entire justification for it, and I'm not entirely sure he needs any more than that.

Honestly, I have more respect for people who can admit this, instead of trying to justify themselves through excuses like 'she breathes through her skin!' and the like. Guy likes boobs, and I can't argue with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hammer Bro. posted:

I did not know you could change skills mid-dungeon.

wait
what
HOW