Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
This game looks amazing. I will probably be getting it on open beta arrival - god bless disposable income.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
It's sounding like I'm going to hope for more content in the longer run (there are, what, six dungeon types plus the final planned?), but as it stands I'm still pretty stoked for Tuesday.

Or maybe Thursday, depending how this week shakes out workwise.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Pretty sure one of my Crusaders actually suffered when I plopped a -ACC trinket on him, but I didn't keep detailed track of the actual skill tooltips in combat.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Chairman Pow! posted:

A bookcase revealed the whole map to me, but that's the only good thing I have seen so far.

They can also give positive traits - which is a little handy for speeding up character development if you can afford to chuck people in the sanitarium regularly to remove the bad traits from same.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I'm pretty sure Darkest Dungeon strategy is why adventurers' guilds were founded.

"Thank you for bringing back some loot so I can fund the real heroes. Here's your 25% cut of the proceeds. Look on the bright side, with two of you dead, the survivors get more each! Sorry about the gibbering madness, good luck in your future employment elsewhere."

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Has anyone noticed an issue with the Sanitarium removing the wrong negative Quirks? Two weeks in a row I've been trying to get debilitating quirks off my main jester and grave robber, but the wrong quirks keep being removed.

As far as I can tell it sometimes just removes the quirk at the top rather than the one you select. I think it's worked correctly at least a few times though.

...You can retreat while in combat?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Tollymain posted:

what happens if you lose too many adventurers and didn't upgrade your coach's carry capacity to 4 anyway, can you actually lose :v:

Nope, it'll always let you field 4 heroes. That just means you'll have to consistently field stressed people or dismiss experienced heroes.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

No, he gets -16% to bleed procs with that trinket, so you'd be less likely to bleed your guys when you heal.

...Oh my God.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Leper's not TOTALLY worthless on the Hag, because he can bust open the pot when someone gets stuffed in it, but the rest of the time he gets to twiddle his thumbs and self-buff.

As opposed to Crusaders, who can holy-lance leapfrog and vaporize the boss.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 6, 2015

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Normal Adult Human posted:

i had a 40 round fight against the swine god because wilbur aoe stunned my entire team to death except for a vestel who resisted on death's door.

That's hilarious.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

how me a frog posted:

I think this is really the biggest problem atm. There are quite clearly some classes that are a lot better overall than others. Does anyone even use plague doctors the hell is that dweeb even for.

Plague doctors exist to make the only hard part of the game (the start) slightly less hard. And then to get fired to make room for more mooks.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

cyanidewolf posted:

Welp, that ancestral leper mask (Berserk Mask) that increases minimum damage but decreases maximum damage? Put two of those on your leper and use hew, your minimum damage is now higher than your maximum and it breaks the integer value, making the skill hit for 2 billion. :getin:

Early Access! :toot:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Night10194 posted:

There's nothing abusive about pulling random teams of murderhobos off the wagon and sending them into a meatgrinder with no pay beyond what's necessary to keep them together enough to keep fighting by tossing them booze and prayer.

Oh, wait. Everything about that is abusive, yes.

Graverobber dialogue suggests they get 25% of the take, actually.

I guess that's why you keep getting fresh recruits even if you're deploying suicide squads!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Bogart posted:

Anybody have any idea what room icons in dungeons mean? Red is enemies, treasure chest means treasure, grey means nothing? I don't know what green or blue + Atlas statue means.

The little statues are less-good treasure rooms (with monsters in them).

I don't remember green. Maybe it's some of the objective quests?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

purkey posted:

Wilbur could get really annoying/deadly with his entire party stun.

Yeah, there's no longer a nonzero chance of Wilbur wiping any party without recourse.

Sadly.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Lotish posted:

I am glad that I never had any trouble with Wilbur. I've never actually seen him stun anyone.

After the King is dead, Wilbur attempts to chain-stun your party forever.

If you are very, very unlucky or have taken a lot of damage, he can kill people as a result.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Diminishing returns apply to party members getting stunned too, so that should help avoid that scenario.

I caught that, thus my sorrow at the dusk of the Wilburpocalypse.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I bought this game a while ago but only recently started seriously playing the game. So far, so good, but I do have a few questions that have been relatively difficult to search for:

1. At the top of the screen is the torch light indicator--a number is usually in the circle at the center of the meter. What does it indicate?
2. What does the little gold bar (that intermittently appears next to each character / creature's health and stress) indicate? I feel like it has something to do with speed or turn rate, but I haven't figured it out.

Really enjoying this game, though I (perhaps bizarrely) feel that words like "melee" and "ranged" should be capitalized (i.e. "Melee", "Ranged") in menus like the descriptions for attacks. It's currently really distracting for some reason.

Mouse over the torch. As the light goes down, other things go up or down. (And some special things can happen in pitch black. :getin:)

The little gold bar means a character hasn't acted yet this round. Important for targeting.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

GladRagKraken posted:

Hahah you left something of value with murderhobos. Be happy you get the 1500 gold per stack or however little they claim they can carry. Rest assured the majority of their time on mission is spent carefully sewing your ancestor's choicest treasures into the lining of their coats.

I never thought about it that way but that is exactly what happens.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Zombie Samurai posted:

I will never escape that goddamned thread

Just when we thought we were out, they keep pulling us back in.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Gabriel Pope posted:

Also, the devs have talked about a feature where any team that survives one of the several Darkest Dungeon missions will refuse to go back there (but will still run regular missions.)

I seem to recall that it's if you retreat from the DD but I might be getting things all mixed up.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Bloodly posted:

...What spoiler? I'm actually confused here.

Final boss progression/nature, I assume.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Restarted this game this past week and have now discovered (because my other sessions were with sound off for one reason or another) that the looming bug of no-sound-outside-intro has returned. :saddowns:

I don't remember how I solved it last time. Drivers are updated, game is running as admin (because this is a good life decision).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Halser posted:

they probably did it to avoid infinite chains of death's door + healing people around him. Would make for a pretty much invincible team even with only two of them.

And the stress redirect as a bonus. :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Soup du Journey posted:

yeah the prices are ridiculous. don't be afraid to mod your game. nobody cares. god's not watching. achievements still work.

This reminds me, for some reason my roster expansion modding isn't sticking anymore. I go into the building file but it doesn't impact my game. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Soup du Journey posted:

You might need to put it in the crimson court subdirectory for it to stick. It works just like the base game dir, wit its own /campaign/buildings/ etc etc that supersedes the vanilla stuff when the dlc is enabled

Aha! Didn't even think of that.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Protip: don't use holy water on Crimson Cursed characters. :saddowns:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Honestly, getting fired in Darkest Dungeon is the good ending for most of your employees.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Serf posted:

Just beat the Apprentice Necromancer. Dungeon was literally two branches and I gambled on which one would be correct and it paid off. Fight was a lot easier than I was expecting. My Occultist kept him debuffed and my Vestal kept him stunned and my Leper and Crusader chopped him to death. I feel like I'm getting the hang of this game.

:cenobite:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Helpful tip: if you want to mod buildings in a Crimson Court enabled playthrough, you have to A) modify the textfile, B) create the appropriate folder in dlc -> numbers_crimson_court -> features -> crimson_court -> folders , and C) plonk the textfile in the right folder. For example, crimson_court\campaign\town\buildings\stage_coach\

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

They move to the back row and inflict Horror on your team. That's about it. Of all the Champion-specific enemies, he's the least threatening, particularly if you bring a stress healer and abuse Pelagic Guardian's uniqueness as being the only small enemy that won't trigger stall stress.

It... doesn't? Huh.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hannibal Rex posted:

The monsters all pack their poo poo up and hide their treasures when they see the party's torchlight coming.

Maybe that's why you get the surprise bonus too, for the slowpokes who linger trying to stuff loot in their pockets / orifices.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Panfilo posted:

I still think it would be interesting to have the Jester's abilities affect a hero he swapped positions with. Like imagine if Dirk Stab allowed the person he switched with to get Riposite? That would open up some really interesting combos with normally slow hard-hitting heroes like the Leper. Dirk Stab, Solo and Finale could each buff your allies uniquely in the process.

This I really like.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I wanna know who's skull is in the collector's "head". It definitely ain't is, given its constantly trying to bash its way out.

The final boss's? :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Jedah posted:

I think it's the latter, religious types are snooty and won't hang with the vile Beastman.

But, for some reason, they're cool with the Occultist chanting Dark Rituals and having Unspeakable Communes with the Eldritch. :confused: Maybe they look past it because of his classy, scholarly robes.

I like the theory that the Occultist works with a critter derived from the Flame while the Abom is clearly related to the Thing and its rather excessive amount of life and transformation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

my stagecoach has stopped working and i don't know why

i deleted and reacquired the building text file because i'd modded it shortly after CC release

then i did the same thing with the entire stagecoach folder

then i ran a mission

no dice

it looks like a problem with the savefile :negative: