Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Hey, whoever said to burn books? Thanks, I just got an event from that which gave my Leper 100 loving stress. Immediately after camping, where I used half of my actions to get his stress down to 0.

Through relentless abuse of stress-relief combat abilities (Bard's Inspirational Tune and Leper's shield-icon ability) I was able to get it back down to zero before I left the dungeon, but I had to make one fight go 10 rounds and another go 8 to do it.

What I'm saying is: Don't burn books.

Edit: Afterwards, my Jester got the trait 'Hatred of Humanity'... which is apparently positive? I love this game.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

If you're having a hard time keeping stress down, I'd definitely recommend a Jester. He has pretty decent offensive capability in the 3rd slot, and then you can shift him back to the 4th and have him spam 'Inspirational Tune' to lower the party's stress when facing less deadly opponents. That one ability is really a gamechanger, like the Plague Doctor's back row stun or the Occultist's super healing ability.

^^ Edit: Jinx!^^

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Welp, just barely managed to beat the Hag, so that's two bosses down. I'd love to start delving into the Warrens, but the game just REFUSES to give me warrens missions now. I hope they change that in the final version so you can just pick where you want to go and always have some kind of mission there. Other then that and the balance issues (e.g. why do Graverobbers exist?), I'm really enjoying the game and can't wait to play the full version.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

^^Edit: One thing about the Crusader is that Holy Lance allows him to hit the farther-back rows AND reposition, which are two of the three things the Leper has a hard time doing (the third being getting decent accuracy). That's kind of important, especially against one of the bosses. One of his unique camp skills is really good too.

So, has anyone figured out what the hell is up with the Sacrificial Altars in the Warrens? They show up in enemy rooms like they are treasure or something, but Holy Water doesn't work on them, Herbs don't, Keys don't, and using them manually just hits you with 50ish stress. There HAS to be some kind of positive use for them, right?

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 4, 2015

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

cyanidewolf posted:

Bought an ancestral Berserk Mask for my Leper, with +15% DMG on it. Apparently, with darkest math, this means damage goes from 10-17 to 12-15?

Did you also upgrade his weapon? Unlike most weapon upgrades, his first lowers his max damage (and raises his min, I think?) and dramatically increases his accuracy.

Or is that literally the change you see in his stats when you equip or unequip the charm?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Yeah, I'm a bit sick of hearing Anscestor lines every time the Flagellent uses 2 of his four moves. At least remove it for self-debuffs.

The Baron quest is really loving ridiculous. FOUR gates? And a HUGE decoy area (20+ rooms) that was just a giant dead end. I think they made this DLC with the intention of having someone complete it once and then never want to do it again, especially if all the stuff I hear about the Baron being a nightmare to fight is true.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

White Coke posted:

You're supposed to leave the quest and then come back to it. Your progress gets saved and you don't take stress if you leave early.

I did! Like six times! There's 'big' and then there's just gratuitous.

Baron wasn't as hard as I was expecting, you just need a fresh team for him. Add my voice to all the people in the thread who are saying marks and debuffs need to be based on ROUNDS and not actions, but otherwise it wasn't so hard.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Panfilo posted:

The set items are only found in the Crimson Courtyard. You can hold off dealing with it simply by avoiding starting the first CC dungeon; the infestation won't start until you've entered it for the first time and so you can build up a roster to quickly deal with it.

This actually isn't true, they also show up in high-level shops, at least in Radiant.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Welp, Jester was looking too useable, so they nerfed Finale. Fun times!

^^edit: fb^^

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

EDIT: Imagine being told the Jester needed a nerf a year ago :regd09:

He only needed a nerf because of his unique district, which was intended to be a buff - and now he's weaker WITH it then Old Jester was WITHOUT it. Even when they try to buff Jester it ultimately just makes him weaker :lol:

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 30, 2017

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Meridian posted:

Yeah, Baron specifically? I haven't beat him yet but I'm still pondering how I want to tackle him.

Yeah, marks and debuffs are basically useless against him. I still won with a mark-heavy team but I think I exploited the mark itself once total.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I just realized that I backed DD but don't have access to any of the backer stuff. What do I need to do to get it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Node posted:

Do I need to be a higher level to start The Color of Madness, like The Crimson Court, or nah?

Nope! The first quest is level 1, then it jumps up to level 3 for the boss variant.