Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I am glad to read the positive reactions. I did not back the Kickstarter since it seemed more about marketing and glorified pre-orders instead of funding a project that would not exist otherwise. Might pick up the Early Access version next week since they have said the final version will not be cheaper, barring sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

InnercityGriot posted:

Can;t wait to buy this tomorrow. Is there somewhere that has a repository of all the character classes though? Kind of want to know what classes they'll be adding to the game.
The Kickstarter class graphic was in the OP.

Arbalest and Man-At-Arms are the next to be added, then I guess Houndmaster and Merchant. Lord Tier will be designed in part by someone that threw $5,000 at the Kickstarter.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

GaistHeidegger posted:

$20 early access, $15 on full release.
Devs posted that the full release version will not be cheaper than the early access (barring sales) so might as well get the early access version. The game-only tier was cheaper on Kickstarter to get basic backers.

Edit: Devs are pretty active answering questions on twitter.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Week 10 and I still have not gotten a Hellion from the wagon.

Oh well, maybe I'll get one soon. I'm going to have farm gold with redshirts for a few weeks. I got cocky and attempted my first level 3 mission with three level 2s and a level 1. Made it halfway through and stupidly decided "one more room and I'll camp." I barely won the fight after three characters hit 100 stress. The Paranoid Crusader ended the fight at Death's Door, and then would not accepting healing from anyone at camp. Abandoned the quest after that, and all four came away with nasty negative quirks.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

And I think these people have a really distorted view of this game based on how much easier it gets later on. When you're just starting out, its very easy for the RNG to go crazy and get into a really bad situation. You have less control over fights due to poor party comp, no upgrade, etc. This also the only point in the game where you can really lock yourself into a failure state since you need money to do dungeons but lose money if you back out. Basically, the player has no way to deal with someone getting blown down to critical HP through bad luck in a short mission early on. Can't heal outside of combat, can't camp because its too small, can't back out because your budget is too tight.
Except you do not need money to do dungeons. Grab four fresh redshirts from the wagon and send them in with no supplies or just a few food. Anything they loot is pure profit. Leave when it looks like they will not survive another fight. You will be surprised how far a party can get with no torches, and low light levels increase the amount of loot. Do not worry about stress since you can fire and replace them at no cost.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

I don't follow the game as closely as some of you, mainly dipping in to try it when there's a new patch. Have they said anything about making perks/afflictions less random and more themed? Like restricting them so characters do not get Weald perks at the end of a Ruins run, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

What's with the names that sometimes pop up above the party setup for certain combinations. I just set up a Vestal, Jester, Grave Robber, Leper party, and it popped up "Unlikely Lively". Do they offer any additional benefits?
They are just for flavor. Devs asked people to submit party names that reflected the theme of a certain makeup. Crusader, Highwayman, Plague Doctor, and Vestal is "The Usual Suspects" because that is the first party for everyone, etc.