Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
This sounds mighty interesting. I can't wait until February 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I caved in and bought the game, and I kinda enjoyed the first Ruins. There's a problem though, I felt a little too caring for my original group so I put the 4 in stress relieving places, leaving me with 2 people. I cannot embark on a mission unless I have 4. Can I skip Week 2 to get to Week 3 and get some new blood? Or do i have to cancel the treatment and lose the money I just earned from the expedition? Ending up with two nervous fuckups and two new guys?

I mean, Dismas proved himself very well there, and my Plague doctor's dagger and blight skills came in handy. But Dismas has the runs, and therefore it is not a favorable quality to have if you rely on dodging.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 23, 2015

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Just encountered the shambler for the first time and I lost pancevolt, the Witch doctor that's been doing pretty okay in my playthrough. Cool.

Is it just me, or are the human enemies in this game more threatening than the disfigured and dead? I just loving lost Dismas in the Weald, gently caress.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
gently caress, I lost my resolve lvl 2 vestial, that I brought along to make sure the group was doing fine, on a routine ruins mission at the very last room to scout.

I hate you game, and I hate X-COM.

I'm gonna keep on playing.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Injury and despondency set the stage for heroism

Or cowardice.

Always gets me.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Glad they fixed the Group AoE Crit giving everybody like 50 stress. I was really hating the bandit riflemen.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
SOLUTION: Add a mutator mechanic and have corpses be one to toggle on or off.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm cool with the new changes, and i'm not particularly good at the game at all really, I haven't killed any bosses and i bought this game a few weeks after it first came out.

I did think being able to swing and a miss a corpse was absurd though.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Baronjutter posted:

This world needs to adopt some sort of paper currency.

I would like your ancestor to explain we use gold instead of currency in a somber and melodramatic way.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's been a long while, Is Man at Arms still a loving beast? Or did they nerf him?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
GODAMNIT I HATE BRIGANDS STILL

I lost everybody in my group on the last room to these brigands. They are still the most dangerous bunch. I lost Reynald last to a heart attack, great. It was the second to last room to explore though so technically I won even though that was possibly the most pathetic fight i've ever done. I actually did a better job on the fight where I curiously opened that void orb, because at least I won.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 31, 2016

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I also just realized that because I had to explore the rooms, I could've just retreated the fight instead of losing four people I was levelling up. They died for nothing.

Darkest Dungeon.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I lost my level 2 leper yesterday, and haven't gotten one in weeks, so i'm kinda missing out.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Do you just get a game over screen if you fail in New Game+? Or a cutscene?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Probe 17 posted:

FWIW I love all the others. Those are pretty great, and now that I know what the Antiquarian's about I even like that one! MaA... just confuses me.

He was the last survivor and everybody killed each other. That's what I took from it anyway

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
drat, I stopped playing on monday, I had no idea this update was coming out. I also kinda bought a blacksmith upgrade before turning it off, poo poo.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Still trying to figure out how I want my antiquarian in a group. I typically want a healer and three damage dealers, either markers and picking monsters apart, or one damage overtime with two bruisers.

I like this update, I was actually wondering before this update if an ancestral item exchanger was a good idea, and It looks like it was already suggested and implemented.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I feel pretty lucky because so far, after all this time I finally went up and did the Apprentice Necromancer with an Occultist, Plague Doctor, Hellion, Man at arms and killed him the first time. The plague doctor and Hellion did blights and bleeds and absolutely none of them were resisted! I managed to climb up 24 or so damage overtime, and the MAA I put retribution and prot on my occultist.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

docbeard posted:

So I started a new campaign (lol yeah I know but I haven't played in a while and I wanted to start fresh with the new features) and Dismas comes back from the first Ruins mission with a shiny new Kleptomaniac trait. SO IT'S LIKE THAT, IS IT GAME?

Everytime I started a new game (Only started like 3 times) either Reynauld always became a klepto. I thought it was part of the design.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
For some reason I never thought I'd read fun facts about the occult in here.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
When my Crusader gets punted with eldritch push or something, It's just depressing having him be able to do absolutely nothing.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Kitfox88 posted:

Any good mods that are recommended? I've played before a while ago with Lighter Dungeon but the mod author discontinued it because apparently this new Radiant mode makes it a bit redundant. But yeah, any cool class mods/reskins/etc for someone coming back in who hasn't played Crimson Court before?

I would also like to know this. Kinda want to get back to playing Darkest Dungeon

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Can i play this without the expansion and with all the user created content?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Can i play this without the expansion and with all the user created content?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Currently working on a custom DD class with an artist friend. All the art and tech is done, all that's left is animating and implementing the remaining ~10% of tech stuff. It was a challenging, but very fun weekend project.

Can't wait to see it in-game!

1) I read that quirk as Clutch Hitler.

2)How will you fit that horse in the ruins sir

3)That looks like it belongs in the game, you guys did a great job. It really is amazing how they're charging 4 bucks for the shieldbreaker, and the workshop has free, well made options. I was seriously expecting the workshop to be nexus'ed up and have nothing but anime and/or big tits.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

winterwerefox posted:

If you look up their art tumblr, be aware that its nsfw and has anime crab girl futa and furry girls in it.

I don't know about you, but If somebody was fully commited to making the whole cataphract art deal, you think that they would add some dicks and tits in there just because?

Maybe i'm playing devil's advocate here, but if that persone does real good on this hero art, and then finishes it, and goes off to do whatever they want, whatever it be furry futa girls with questionable hobbies, I don't really care, because the Cataphract thing was just a request/hobby/job.

Should you really care that the person who did a good job making a piece of art go and do something else that was super loving awkward, but it was something you didn't really care about anyway? isn't that what Deviantart is all about? A bunch of inflation fetish poo poo, but when there's money or effort involved, poo poo get's done?

Normally my stance on this poo poo is catholic as gently caress, but there's two side to this coin when it comes to artists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'd be cool with a nomadic belmont type character if it were an actual belmont like character, and not a big tittied nomadic lady.

Big reason is, I'd prefer a konami confused barbarian dude with a whip to do the dungeon delving, is that sexist? I just like Castlevania, sorry