Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah, my first thought is that you can kinda cheese it by having somebody "tank" constantly going back and forth between death's door. The amount of damage he took would be meaningless, because it stops at death's door, and then you could heal him for just 1 point to get him off it again. The only problem is that there's no easy way to force enemies to attack him (that I know of, there could be a taunt ability on some class) other than positioning which isn't going to soak up all the hits, and also the danger you're putting that person into if they take hits from multiple sources in a turn.

You could have a rotating party of 3 high level adventurers and 1 cannon-fodder who you let sit on death's door and if he dies, you just hire another level 1 newbie to be the cannon fodder, but its probably not really an effective strategy overall, which is good.

Getting to death's door will also add way more stress than a normal attack or a crit. Going back and forth between death's door and fine is a very good way to end up with afflictions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I just had an Abusive Graverobber tell a Masochistic Leper that they should learn how to bathe.

I love this game.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I think they're just super rare trinkets with good benefits and easier-to-swallow downsides.

e: Holy poo poo my Hellion is the toughest lady ever. She's been walking around with 100 stress this entire mission and nothing else seems to be fazing her. She's just wandering around looking for poo poo to kill and she doesn't give a poo poo at all about what the dungeon's trying to do.

Doctor Hospital fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 31, 2015

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Double post but there's a new build out now. Fixes some save bugs, Sanitarium quirk stacking, and other various crashes.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

RIP Dismas, you were too good at shooting things. :(

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I really wish deeds were more common than they are. I need them to upgrade so many things but I just can't seem to find any, and missions in the Weald don't seem to be popping up.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I always bring at least one full stack of food, which gives enough for three hunger events. If I have to camp, I bring two full stacks so I can mitigate stress and recover health. I always bring 8 torches if I can help it, but try to keep the light level around Shadowy.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Ectoplasms are the worst and I hate them.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

clockworkjoe posted:

Worse than the bandit AOE teams? I love starting fights with 3 bandits all hitting everyone in my team, inflicting bleed and possibly critting.

Imagine a situation where the enemies can create an even bigger enemy and then a copy of themselves infinitely with no repercussions.

I had a fight go on forever and ruin an expedition into the weald because my setup didn't have enough crowd control, so I'd get the smaller ectoplasms close to dying, then they'd pop out another one with full health and I'd be back on square one. Pushing or pulling them into different positions doesn't stop them from using cytokinesis or whatever skill makes the bigger one, so there's no way to stop them from doing it other than killing them really, really fast. If there's even one left over at the end of a turn, you can practically guarantee they will split and make another one, or worse, make a big one with way more health that goes in the front, making it harder to kill the ones in the back.

The moral of the story is always bring tons of crowd control to the weald.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Normal Adult Human posted:

What party composition has low damage and low cc? Just like, 4 vestals?

I had a Hellion, a Leper, a Graverobber, and a Vestal. The damage problem was just numbers not being on my side, but I also had the wrong skill setup. I'm not going to pretend having such a hard time with the ectoplasms that one time wasn't at least mostly my fault. :v:

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Okay, yeah, just checked my Leper and he needs some serious time in the sanitarium. Lots of maladies have tanked his accuracy and my negligence has only let it get worse :v:

I love how even with all the stuff that the game throws at you, I haven't found many situations I would call wholly unfair. Sure, the game will stack the odds against you pretty often, but there's usually a way to work through it.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

So apparently those bandit Fusiliers have had their damage dropped. Hopefully this means bandits won't blend adventurers to pieces anymore.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Next build notes from Chris, the firewood exploit is fixed and some stress tuning is happening. Also Cytokinesis is now less frequent on slimes, so that's good.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Should work fine with any save.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Man, my Plague Doctor is simultaneously the best and also the saddest. Every time she's in a group and gets an affliction, it's fearful, and she always just breaks down into panic or crying. She's super good at landing blight and stuns, but when she does lose it, it's heartbreaking, partly because she's the crutch for my vestal to get things done, so if she's out of commission, then I am in some serious trouble, but also because the dialogue for this game is so well done.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Broken Cog posted:

Huh, hadn't seen this quirk before. I wonder if there are other rare quirks out there.

Fated is nonsensically good on Hellions, since they're already pretty accurate. Combine it with +damage stuff and breakthrough and you can drop nasty amounts of damage on three enemies at once with relative impunity.

Also Hellions own and everyone should use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

ZenVulgarity posted:

Who the gently caress did the narration for this game

His voice owns

The narrator is Wayne June, who is a professional narrator. He also occasionally puts some recordings up on soundcloud. Here's some Poe as read by him.