Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Said the guy bumping the page 4 thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They're both videogames but FTL is a videogame that you will replay more times.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My other favorite roguelikes are XCOM and half life 2.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BBJoey posted:

I feel like a new term is required to describe roguelikes which are not like rogue.

Darkestdungeonlike

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Some experiments should never have seen the light of day

yeah

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Artificer posted:

I don't know how I'm going to try out all of these new classes when my roster is already full with cool people I like and am friends with. :( drat. I guess I'll have to fire the lowest leveled people in classes I have multiple of in that case.

Any suggestions? I wouldn't say no to hacking the game and just giving me 5-10 more roster slots to fool around with. Anyone know how to do that?

Delete all your saves.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
how can a barely mobile skeleton with a stick be more threatening Man With Gun?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I choose to believe the ancestor murdered all of his necromancer buddies because he showed off his giant pig monster and they called him an idiot

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Also hellions, the bleed class, function about as well against the undead as anything else, since the bleed is just the thing that happens after a creature gets 1-shot.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Protection mechanics reworked

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Idiot moron babies like to keep him in the back and have him sing. You want to stack +damage stuff on him and have him do heroic end exactly once because you only need to do it once.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Eat in rooms not in hallways

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jackard posted:

I don't understand why people in these fantasy settings bother burying their dead instead of going for something like cremation

Skeletons can be bashed or read to death. Ghosts have insanely high protection.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Critical condition party is just s bunch of dames sharing a needle

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah its been a year and i'm looking forward to a difficulty level that isn't 'sandbox'

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kanos posted:

My favorite part of Darkest Dungeon is that the complete inability to affect what classes arrive on the stagecoach means that I still haven't gotten to try Man At Arms or Houndmaster at all.

Seriously, when MaA came out I played 12 weeks into a new game with a 6 man stagecoach ASAP and never had one show up, then again with Houndmaster the same poo poo happened. I just started the game up to try out the Cove and got 3 weeks of 3 hellions + jester in a row.

What's stopping you from just advancing 50 weeks?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
pretty great drunkposting i guess

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You should have stuck it out, coward.

Look at this idiot failing The True Test.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Chitlin posted:

The Hag is the one boss I fear more than any other, and a big part of that is the 100% success rate on "Into the Pot". Not only does it move remove a character from your lineup, but even knocking the pot over tends to screw up your positions more often than not. I feel like If they made "Into the Pot" a check against your move resist, in much same way that the Siren's charm is a Debuff resist check, it would end up being a lot more tolerable.

The only other boss gimmick that I find anywhere near as bad is the Brigand Cannon, it's massive Protection stat and fact that you constantly have to play cleanup with the fuse lighters makes it a pain to fight. Overall the Weald is my least favorite of the regions so far.

the siren's charm needs to work like the pot, actually

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
isnt formless flesh super weak vs bleed?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If you ever use camp to reduce stress instead of build stress resist, you're making a poor decision. With two crusaders you could do unshakable leader twice and stress is no longer a game mechanic.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Once you start doing dark runs stress doesn't matter until it hits 100 because any relief will reduce 100

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Panfilo posted:

Camping right away now is very risky. With the changes to Heart Attacks and Deaths Door having a hero hit 200 stress drops him into Deaths Door, and being in Deaths Door debuffs you for the rest of the dungeon. They've also started to add debuffs which last until camp, so if you've already camped you're stuck with it for the rest of the dungeon as well.

It's still a viable choice, but it's a gamble.

Prevention still beats a cure

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

StringOfLetters posted:

Are they going to dramatically re-work the Stress system, or is that just how it is? A lot of it doesn't make much sense. After the fifth or sixth time getting a cup full of blood thrown at you, you know, you're going to be pretty soaked already, it's not going to keep being a startling new development.

Hey nerd im gonna give you six swirlies and each time you'll cry a little harder

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FourLeaf posted:

Hmmm, OK after playing a bit with the new settings I would say the game is pretty unbalanced atm, you can't expect everyone to have grinded up a poo poo ton of wealth to have a buffer in case they wipe a few times.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Jim Sterling's arguments about the game and EA are basically right.

You have infinite money in this game, the only finite resource is resolve levels.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
clearly has ptsd (protection trinket survivor disorder)

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
hey assholes good job releasing your stupid game the same day as xcom 2 so theres absolutely no fun turn based games for the months of december and january.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zaphod42 posted:

Dude shut up, we've already told you the release date. Its not out yet. Whining won't make it come faster.

it literally made it come out a month faster.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I guess this time it is the skeletons who will have the bad time. ah ha ha ha

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wafflecopper posted:

Leper is workable if you bring someone with a pull but then they're kind of locked into pulling for the leper most rounds because of corpses. And if he ends up in the back ranks because of an ambush or a push then he's total deadweight for 2 rounds. Crusader owns though.

The game needs a petty nobleman class and one of his abilities is shoving a teammate in front of himself

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Your quest is to fill your inventory with rubies

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Koboje posted:

Bloodthirst Rings are amazing. -100% consumed food and +10% max hp, all for -4 dodge, stick em on a class with low dodge anyways, say Vestals and Crusaders, then laugh your way to the bank as you now have a party that consumes next to no food, basically camps for free, and can significantly relight the torch in most battles with the Vestals and Crusaders +Torch abilities.

Who uses most of their food camping and snacking?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The concept of actually scary things best avoided being in the dungeon is cool and good

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Windy time sounds not unreasonable

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Upgrade weapons and abilities?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Trinkets were worthless side grades 90% of the time up until, probably the corpse and hound, when they got seriously re-balanced to the point where "having a trinket" usually beat out "not having a trinket" in Point Level Powers.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
3 plague doctors and 1 leper

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Vestel, Leper, Crusader

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lepers should be allowed to party with abominations. who are they to judge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I started a new game and my crusader went virtuous. Next week i took him into another dungeon and he's still virtuous. is this intented?