Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
My nymphomaniac Leper gives me life :allears:

Too bad about syphilys he got from reading(?) that one book tho...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~

RottenK posted:

I have a really annoying issue with saves. When I start the game, the list of saves is completely empty, as if I never started any campaigns. But the saved campaigns exist, and can be loaded by creating a "new" save with the same name as the one that I want to load.

Anyone else run into anything like this?

[Edit]Looks like it also requires the new save to be in the same slot where it was originally created.

I have the same problem, fix it same way. Tempted to rename the estate back to "Darkest" to save time on 'loading'.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

first world moral dilemmas:

Do I put this info into my Steam Guide or not/

Awww please don't.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~

Normal Adult Human posted:

What items effect what treasure?

Keys are for chests and cabinets but no strongboxes
Herbs effect tables, experiments, and food carts
Holy water works on ashes, shrines, confessionals, and altars
Torches burn parchment and books,
Shovels are for rubbles.

I still don't know what works with strongboxes or iron maidens (which seem to not only always be a negative effect but also do stress damage to claustrophobic people when you pass by)

Shovels also work for cabinets.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
The thing is, Nomad tier was created later, on request, for people who wanted to get the game but weren't keen on the idea of playing a beta. So devs added an option that let you save 5$ as a KS brownie.

So to me it's kinda odd to see people who backed at 15$ complain about not getting the half-done game right now. Isn't this what they specifically tried to avoid?

Even so, pretty sure there was an option to throw in extra money shortly before EA began.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~

Phyresis posted:

Is anyone else having to deal with a strange performance bug where the game hitches/freezes when you mouse over trinkets (and certain other inventory items)? The game has completely hard locked and crashed twice already because of this issue; luckily I was in town both times so everything was saved but I am afraid that it will crash when I'm in a dungeon. Send help, this is damaging my stress irl.

Not exactly, but I had the game freeze a few times after finishing a dungeon, on the 'new quirks gained' screen, when I mouse over the mask. Only crashed once tho. This started after the last update.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

As far as I can tell your trinket box expands, but I'd appreciate it if anyone else can verify.

Definitely expands.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
Returned to this game after a fairly long break, so corpses and stuff were all new to me. Of course the first thing I did was to try to take down one of new bosses. It became obvious that I've lost my touch when half the team went mad about 2/3 into the dungeon. Lost a lvl 5 crusader and occultist to a heart attack before I could retreat (they were all mad by then) Didn't even make it to the boss. Fun times. Ah well, more space in the roster for new classes.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
Started a new manor after the cove update and having loads of fun with my lowbies. Feels smoother that trying to figure things out with my old lvl 5 heroes. New narration lines feel... Odd. Maybe just something to get used to? Love the hound. Not even the houndmaster. Just the dog :) And the new corpses. How can anyone turn them off when they look so good :gibs:

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~

Wizard Styles posted:

Barber with HP and stress heals and bleed attacks.

The healing is done by eating a meat pie.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~

Glidergun posted:

Does anyone else think the Merchant's proposed "worse at combat, but get more treasure" shtick is a bad tradeoff for any excursions except for the shortest? I already end up throwing away a bunch of crap because my pack is full. I imagine it would be good if they had something like "pack slots can hold 25% more items" so gold stacks up to 1875 or whatever, but if they do it in a straight up "get 50% more rewards" or "this attack sucks, but you get some gold" kind of way, then it will be worse than just taking along a good character and getting a full haul anyway.

I imagine an inventory expansion, complete with the visual of them hauling around a huge rear end sack.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~
Mesmerizing.

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~

Alabaster White posted:

I saw a screenshot of a guy who ran into a Shambler during the tutorial.

That sounds amazingly IC, if it makes sense to say that about a game.

Something something aesthetic :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muraena
Feb 18, 2013

Justice. Honor. Anime~

double nine posted:

Not sure if it's the same guy but I had to find video evidence and ... yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RtDRBE6rWY

Thanks for the link. Dismas surviving something like six deathblows during combat just to die to bleed after was a cherry on top of the Darkest Cake.