Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomeIdiot
Apr 2, 2014

Periodiko posted:

This is a turn-based rogue-like tactical game, "playing optimally" is a large part of the point. Saying that the proper way to play a strategy game is to intentionally use bad strategies is asinine.

You're missing what he's trying to say. His point is that this is a game where there isn't really always a perfect, no casualties, optimal way through. It's not intentionally playing badly, it's accepting that sometimes everything will go to poo poo, and a major part of becoming good at the game is to figure out how to recover from those situations.

...At least, that's what I'd figure his point is.

Anyways, loving the game. It's utterly covered in style, which is a surefire way to get me interested.
Definitely looking forward to the full release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeIdiot
Apr 2, 2014

mycot posted:

If anything the problem is that there IS "perfect" strategies but they're boring.

I'd say that's a fair point, but there's plenty of things that keep those strategies from being feasible. Like stun resists, the way health restoration works in the game, etc.
And even if the game did facilitate that sort of play, it's a little silly to point at things that the developers obviously didn't intend for you to try and do, then complain that playing in that way is boring.

SomeIdiot
Apr 2, 2014

gigawhite posted:

I think the only thing I could really ask for now is an option to speed through battle animations.

edit: Also a hotkey to alternate between map and backpack view

Try hitting tab, bud!
No dice on the first bit tho.